Recall April 2008

polarbear

I got nothing and don't expect to. Manufacturers here have a habit of not sending recalls out to anyone that doesn't buy the car new. My MY07 is ex demo. Can you scan what you received and post here or pm?

Guy

I seem to remember something a couple of years ago about a site being set up to check recalls issued by manufacturers online, just had a quick search but couldn't find anything, am I just having wishful thoughts or did one exist / get created ?

I seem to remember something a couple of years ago about a site being set up to check recalls issued by manufacturers online, just had a quick search but couldn't find anything, am I just having wishful thoughts or did one exist / get created ?

I think it was either the RAC or the AA that did that

Was the AA

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/index.jsp

No 350Z listed though

Not really related if it's a MY07 recall but does anybody know how recalls would affect JDM's?

Would we be able to nip into a UK Nissan dealer and get the issue fixed or would we be expected to shell out for it?

Not really related if it's a MY07 recall but does anybody know how recalls would affect JDM's?

Would we be able to nip into a UK Nissan dealer and get the issue fixed or would we be expected to shell out for it?

Nissan GB wouldn't do a recall for JDMs.

I was kind of expecting that they wouldn't want to know, but surely if there is a known defect with a specific car there is an onus on the manufacturer to rectify it even if the car was not sourced in the UK.

Surely if Nissan refused to rectify a known defect on a JDM and then something happened they could be held liable in some way...

Maybe one for the legally inclined to ponder over :)

I was kind of expecting that they wouldn't want to know, but surely if there is a known defect with a specific car there is an onus on the manufacturer to rectify it even if the car was not sourced in the UK.

Surely if Nissan refused to rectify a known defect on a JDM and then something happened they could be held liable in some way...

Maybe one for the legally inclined to ponder over :)

If there was a recall in Japan and if you got to hear about it here in the UK and if it was safety related you may be able to get Nissan GB to do some work. I wouldn't bank on it though.

Hmm wonder if there would be a market for a site detailing recall info on import cars....

:teeth:

I would think so, advertisers from import car companies / modding companies..., but get the legal bit sorted early, need a few contacts in Japan, isn't there someone there now ;)

I got nothing and don't expect to. Manufacturers here have a habit of not sending recalls out to anyone that doesn't buy the car new. My MY07 is ex demo. Can you scan what you received and post here or pm?

Guy

Cheers mate. I'll get onto them first thing Tuesday.

Guy

No recall has been issued for MY07 cars in Ireland. My dealer will be looking into it as there’s no reason why there shouldn’t. UK and Ireland cars come from the same plant.

My car had it's 1st service today (nearly a year old). When I collected I asked about the TSB for clutch and he went away checked and told me yes the car does need it. I need to give them a couple of days notice to get the parts and then they need the car for a whole day.

Oh well if I still have it guess I'll get it done soon.

• 4 months later...