What's it worth, '56 revup roadster

Stan

Going to cut to the chase, just want to get rid off as easily as possible. Webuyanycar say £5.5k so if a forum member wants it for that ono they can have it, but also looking to see if I'm being stupid :lol:

Info as per my build thread [url=https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/107513-stans-roadster/]HERE[/url]

Basically:

56 plate roadster, azure blue, built in sat nav etc., revup model so 296bhp

Mileage about 50k I think, but it has been SORN without MOT for a couple of years now, but has been garaged since and started up occasionally.

Mods include:

Refurbed Rays with blue locking nuts, the old set of rays can go with the car if needed

JWT Popcharger

Stubby aerial

Z badges all round

15/20mm spacers front/back

Front brace (the one sold on here that goes between the slam panel and the normal strut brace)

Aluminium slam panel

Japspeed K4 exhaust (loud)

Mishimoto rad

Some blue engine detailing

D1 spec controller hardwired in

Latest version of the DVD for the sat nav

Bumper tuck

LED lights replacing all interior bulbs and sidelights

Bad points:

Small tear in the corner of the roof but doesn't let water in

No MOT (obviously, but it passed fine before I garaged it)

Battery is dead but I can jump it from my other car and it runs like that

Some scratching on the drivers wing/bonnet that I can't seem to polish out, but isn't that noticeable.

I replaced the bumper lights with DRLs but they have stopped working.

Anyway, that's about it, let me know if you think I'm being stupid or if anyone wants to come trailer it away then by my guest :D

As a guide, insurance wrote off my 05 roadster DE Touring spec 48,000 miles, roof skin was knackered and rear bumper had a slight split in it unrelated to the accident. Paid out £5.4k.

By the sounds of yours i'd be listing at the 6-6.5k mark if serviced and MOT'ed etc

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Going to cut to the chase, just want to get rid off as easily as possible. Webuyanycar say £5.5k so if a forum member wants it for that ono they can have it, but also looking to see if I'm being stupid :lol:

Info as per my build thread [url=https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/107513-stans-roadster/]HERE[/url]

Basically:

56 plate roadster, azure blue, built in sat nav etc., revup model so 296bhp

Mileage about 50k I think, but it has been SORN without MOT for a couple of years now, but has been garaged since and started up occasionally.

Mods include:

Refurbed Rays with blue locking nuts, the old set of rays can go with the car if needed

JWT Popcharger

Stubby aerial

Z badges all round

15/20mm spacers front/back

Front brace (the one sold on here that goes between the slam panel and the normal strut brace)

Aluminium slam panel

Japspeed K4 exhaust (loud)

Mishimoto rad

Some blue engine detailing

D1 spec controller hardwired in

Latest version of the DVD for the sat nav

Bumper tuck

LED lights replacing all interior bulbs and sidelights

Bad points:

Small tear in the corner of the roof but doesn't let water in

No MOT (obviously, but it passed fine before I garaged it)

Battery is dead but I can jump it from my other car and it runs like that

Some scratching on the drivers wing/bonnet that I can't seem to polish out, but isn't that noticeable.

I replaced the bumper lights with DRLs but they have stopped working.

Anyway, that's about it, let me know if you think I'm being stupid or if anyone wants to come trailer it away then by my guest :D

Id try Evans Halshaw for a trade in price, I've taken a few cars there the checks are (very!) light and gave me better money than Wbac. Took a fiat 500 only worth £3.5k to wbac and the guy spent 45 minutes going round every inch of the car and then offered 1850 :lol: Went down the road to Evans Halshaw they spent 5 minutes looking max and matched their online quote.

I guess it depends how much (if any) effort you want to put into the sale.. 

Personally I'd at least chuck a new battery on and get a fresh MOT, then it'll sell for a lot more.

If it's been dry stored since being off the road there's no reason it shouldn't fly through. 

As for the DRLs, I'd check your wiring and if you can't find the problem then just put it back to standard. 

A little wear and tear on the paintwork and roof should be expected from any car of a similar age so wouldn't worry too much about that. 

• Like 1

Webuyanycar will only offer you that until you get it there. Then they will pull your pants down. they're shocking as they're owned by the BCA, so the cheaper they buy it the better profit they make when it goes in their auction.

21 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Webuyanycar will only offer you that until you get it there. Then they will pull your pants down. they're shocking as they're owned by the BCA, so the cheaper they buy it the better profit they make when it goes in their auction.

And they now have Cinch to sell used cars !

• Like 1