Tailgate gas struts question

TheOracle71

Hi All

I had the tailgate not opening on one press of the release button and came up with a Heath Robinson fix (post linked below) which has now failed:angry:The foam patch I used has compressed so much that it no longer works:rant:

Anyways, the left sided boot strut creaks and sticks as I lift the boot lid up. Do I need new struts or would something like a squirt of silicon lubricant free them up? 

If new struts are needed, any suggestions on where to purchase at a good price. Thanks 

I will also order some modified spring boot release replacements that I mentioned in my (now failed)Heath Robinson post fix :blush:

24 minutes ago, TheOracle71 said:

I bought it from a main stealer so it does have a warranty; I was presuming there is no way something like this would be covered?

We've covered that under our Honda warranties, Nissan do have a reputation for being bellends with there warranties 

• Like 1

I've got uprated struts due to my bigger wing, still doesn't help so much getting it off the poppers on the first click, even with the supposedly uprated poppers, but I don't have any issues with it trying to sag.

23 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Would be interested to hear there response :snack:

Called my local stealer thinking they would have a record of any warranty but they weren’t particularly helpful and said I needed to contact the dealer where I purchased to find out about the warranty then give them a call back. Ran out of time today but did find a Nissan warranty certificate which covers me until Oct 21and warranty booklet which has lots of exclusions in my glove box so will follow up again tomorrow and see what response I get.  Annoyingly the boot did open first time a couple of times today and another couple times when it didn’t so demonstrating the issue to the stealer might not go my way