Headlight issue

Forrest

Afternoon all,

I have just failed an MOT on headlight beam image and insufficient brightness. I have standard halogen bulbs in a standard JDM headlight. The MOT testing station said they tried fitting some other brighter bulbs but none would "fit correctly enough to project the right beam image"?

I'm pretty dim (!) when it comes to electrics. Has anybody any ideas on what I can do next to get it to pass?

Do I try to modify my own headlights and fit the brightest bulb that is legal?  Or could there be a something in the wiring that that is missing? There is currently no wiring running to the chunky 3 screw XID Xenon Ballast control unit inside the headlight itself, but i'm not sure there ever has been as this import has been running aftermarket HID's and then standard halogens. Is there a supplier who sells a UK road legal aftermarket headlight package or wiring package??

Any help appreciated! :)

Most likely because regulations allow different beam pattern in Japan, however they do drive in the left side, just replace them for uk ones if you can whisky they’re off polish them if they’re not crystal clear, as long as both bulbs are emitting same intensity of light can’t Imagine there’s a problem unless they’re literally like side light bulbs 

78366087-466C-4621-8C99-302A2B5158FF.png

C93AC4C0-3722-4C07-8410-84610FE074EF.png