370z Nismo Residuals Now That No Replacement Coming

hmale4yu

Given the news that the forthcoming Z car wont make it to UK shores what are your thoughts on the used values for the 370z?

I have a Mk2 Nismo 2018 so has the updated clutch, darkened rear lights, handles and they sit on the used market from £22k for a low miles example. Do you think these will continue to drop into 2021 onwards given that there won't be a replacement. I think the standard 370z has already dropped but Nismo Mk2 will hold their values due to rarity? They haven't really plummeted like the GT models.

I think it will depend on not just scarcity numbers wise but also how sought after 370z become. I think the latter is hard to tell.

I dont believe the status of the 370 replacement will have an impact on used Nismo residuals.

I think you can safely forecast your cars value based on the price of 2016 or 17 cars now - i.e. its still going to be worth circa £20k via private sale by the time you come to change your car early next year when your term ends (iirc!)

Ultimately, who cares? It’s worth what it’s worth, sod worrying about it, drive the arse off it and get your value that way. It’s not a classic Ferrari so you can actually do that and be damned with the rest. 

Unless of course you or someone else write it off. Then it’s worth much less. 

20 hours ago, marzman said:

I dont believe the status of the 370 replacement will have an impact on used Nismo residuals.

I think you can safely forecast your cars value based on the price of 2016 or 17 cars now - i.e. its still going to be worth circa £20k via private sale by the time you come to change your car early next year when your term ends (iirc!)

Yes my balloon is £18.5k ish come March so I might buy it and then sell it shortly after