Best laid plans of rodents and homo erectus

stanski

Red wine or Paracetamol?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Red wine or Paracetamol?

• Red wine
    • Paracetamol

After working just about every weekend since Sept I was looking forward to a week off - so as you know in between turning 41 on Monday :headhurt: I had planned to finally finish off mums back garden - i.e major overhaul - putting a patio area in - some low walls and new flower beds - blimey I'd forgotten how heavy a cement mixer is as i was lifting it into the back of the van yesterday - :wacko:

Anyway get everything ready - sand cement tools etc plug mixer in - nothing? Not a sausage! I try to check wiring - extention cable works the fuse in mixer works - so I procede to take the control box to bits - move the drum by hand etc not jammed or anything - try the switch it works?? :doh:

Anyway get in the mix - in the mix - in the mix (sorry 80's thing)

Afternoon spent getting covered in cement - the base is done - let it set overnight - before I go just do a few odd jobs, get home throat is feeling like inside of Gandies flipflop - shower and settle down to some medicinal red wine to help shift any cement dust from throat and nose - guess what wake up this morning - its lashing it down outside, best bit I have man-flu! I dont beleive it!!!! :angry:

Why do you always get ill when its on your time not works!! They recon its going to be heavy rain rest of the week - bonus ball!

At least I have done an honest days work - proper job! :thumbs:

So what do think Man Flu cure- red wine or Paracetamol?

Go for the drugs matey, at least they won't give you a hangover

Your right - but I only drink good wine- never had a hangover from it yet - Campo Veijo Reserva - dont forget a glass of water before you go to bed! No just a glass or 2 I think to coat the back ofthe throat and let those tannins do their work! ;)

I hate Man flu....... :bangin:

Not had a cold for about 6 years or flu but I understand your dilemma as shown here:

What's your secret Jay, wearing a mask? ;)

lol not sure never had chicken pox or any childhood illness either, and I failed the BCG test :wacko: had a cold once I think lasted a day. Just try and eat right, plenty of omega oils and iron tablets and fresh fruit and exercise. My girlfriend is always ill, but she drinks and eats crap food so maybe something in it :blush:

Not had a cold for about 6 years or flu but I understand your dilemma as shown here:

What's your secret Jay, wearing a mask? ;)

lol not sure never had chicken pox or any childhood illness either, and I failed the BCG test :wacko: had a cold once I think lasted a day. Just try and eat right, plenty of omega oils and iron tablets and fresh fruit and exercise. My girlfriend is always ill, but she drinks and eats crap food so maybe something in it :blush:

That is amazing dude. I usually get at least one cold every year and I think I'd be right in saying that that is pretty average for most people.

You whinge about everything don't you

Sorry mate I blame the constant rain in Bury and I am getting on a bit you know - he he he :lol:

Had 2 glasses of wine last night slept like a log, feel a lot better today - stocked up on clementines - drinking lots of hot drinks and basically keep warm.

I dont eat rubbish and not a boozer either, but I need to exercise more - joys of a deskjob I'm afriad, anyway think my nose is going to dribble on this keyboard so best go - have a nice day folks :thumbs:

You whinge about everything don't you

Sorry mate I blame the constant rain in Bury and I am getting on a bit you know - he he he :lol:

Had 2 glasses of wine last night slept like a log, feel a lot better today - stocked up on clementines - drinking lots of hot drinks and basically keep warm.

I dont eat rubbish and not a boozer either, but I need to exercise more - joys of a deskjob I'm afriad, anyway think my nose is going to dribble on this keyboard so best go - have a nice day folks :thumbs:

take no notice stan, he's whinging about you whinging :dummy::dummy:

Jay im like you, i hardly get any illnesses at all, when i do, it last about a day and thats it. I dont touch drugs at all and never have as i believe my immune system wil be better off combating the virus on its own, thus making it stronger.

Jay im like you, i hardly get any illnesses at all, when i do, it last about a day and thats it. I dont touch drugs at all and never have as i believe my immune system wil be better off combating the virus on its own, thus making it stronger.

Until I was about 24 I never took any pills so for example when I got headaches I used to just lie on my bed until it passed- but then I started to work shifts and that all went to pot - you tried doing a 12 hours night shift with a headache - not fun! I do agree with you though - so its down to lots of fruit and hot drinks to wash it out of my system - working so far but I think my nose is going to fall off soon - if only the Zed could run on mucus!! :lol:

I never take time off work though & just keep topped up with fluids & painkillers

Oh man - your one of those people that gets the rest of the office(if you work in an office??) infected - best stay off for 2 dayes or so and get it sweated out? :surrender:

I never take time off work though & just keep topped up with fluids & painkillers

Oh man - your one of those people that gets the rest of the office(if you work in an office??) infected - best stay off for 2 dayes or so and get it sweated out? :surrender:

Nope, don't work in an office. My car is my office :dry:

your poor car :p:lol:

your poor car :p:lol:

:p