Soft top advice

Humpy

Hi all, now that I have a roadster in my life I am now seeking advice. Never had a soft top before so needing guidance on:

1) General cleaning when washing the car and what products.

2) Protecting the roof and products

3) Any other tips 

Will do some research anyway but thought I would ask the cleaning gurus on here first.

Cheers

Steve

What that guy said! ^^^

A303 is certainly one of the best available for protecting soft tops. Gyeon FabricCoat is equally as good though.

In terms of washing - this or marginally better still this; spray onto a wet roof, agitate (a medium stiffness brush works better than calling it names. Sometimes), rinse thoroughly and leave to dry. Then protect either with this or that

The only thing to be weary of when cleaning is taking care with the pressure washer on older hoods that might leak, or around the window seals because Nissan, otherwise you're pretty much good to go really.

• Thanks 1

Yes I have used over the last few years 

The Auto Glym product and seems to work great cleaner and protector.

To be fare a neughbour the otherday was looking at me car and commented on the condition of the top 05 Zed he said looked good..!! B)

But he was no expert atall..!! :lol:

• Like 1

I clean my roof with soap and a nail brush, I then seal it with FABSIL. I do it once a year and water beads well. 

I apply the FABSIL with a sponge making sure the edges and stitched areas are coated well.

My car is an 05 and still on its original roof which is in excellent condition.

I had one small tear about 3mm long. Fixed it from the inside using a STORMSURE patch, made the repair two years ago and its not budged. 

• Like 1