Best quiet exhaust!?!?

funkymofo

Hi all, I've had the car all of a week now and already want more of THAT noise! :lol:

Thing is though my last car had a loud exhaust and its one of the reasons I got rid...last thing I want is drone on long journeys or even loudness at low revs. I just want full throttle moments to be that little bit more operatic.

Is nismo my best bet? Because to be frank I'm too tight to pay circa £900 on an exhaust (especially when performance gains are nil!) Or is there anything else on the market? I know on the VW scene blueflame were highly rated as the more refined end of the scale, do they make zyztems for the Z?

Oh and I want it to look similar to standard too, maybe a bit more shiny though :D

Blueflame are custom exhausts IIRC so nothing specifically for the Zed but a couple of guys have had them done and seemed happy with the results.

NISMO is a good bet but can be a little droney at about 80 mph in sixth - not ideal. Milltek are fairly quiet and good quality - perhaps too quiet?

best bet would be to get yourself to wales and have a listen B)

He'll have to be inside someone else's car if he wants to get a real idea of what its liketo live with. :thumbs:

or talk to the owner if he likes the sound from outside :thumbs:

I take your point but its very subjective. I'm one of very few who think the NISMO is boomy at motorway speeds but certainly not alone. I got used to it and would have one again but it might drive others mad. No substitute for hearing it yourself. :)

haha the wales meet is in consideration, not sure if I can make it or not yet...would love to though as you say it would be ideal to check out potential mods.

IIRC blueflame make (or have made at some point) the standard exhausts on some TVR's and Bentleys. Thanks for turning me off the Nismo, I really cant afford to splash that much on a tube of steel :lol:

Milltek is the way to go, having had both the Milltek and the Nismo exhaust's I can reccommend the Milltek for being more civilised than the Nismo ., but better sound than the Standard system :thumbs:

saying that I love the Nismo :lol::blush:

Milltek system

milltek001.jpg

for me its the DC sports!!! hardly drones at all and sounds awesome with just a little touch to the right pedal!!!! nismo is to quiet its not far off stock (in my view) alot to spend without any real noticable different but thats just me loads on here would say different!!!! :lol:

Just ask big phils son he said 'thats one of the nicest sounding Z's iv heard' B)

and he must have heard a few so cant be bad ;)

after seing that video of the scorpion thats the total opposite of quiet and as phils guys were telling me its far from quiet!!!! if you want a quiet exhaust mate think your only option is stay standard or go nismo and try wait for a seconf hand one to pop up

why not try the 5zigen.... i think price is around the 700 mark.. tbh one of the better looking exhaust's aswell with the burnt blue tips and its jasma stamped so its under 93/90 db so it sound ideal really :thumbs:

-ho

Louder than the Nismo, according to Bigphil. :)

am I correct in thinking that the JDM standard exhaust is a tad quieter than the UK one? I've always thought mine could do with just a touch more growl.

I think you're right on that one. Some JDM folk have upgraded to UK zorsts IIRC.

am I correct in thinking that the JDM standard exhaust is a tad quieter than the UK one? I've always thought mine could do with just a touch more growl.

I think you're right on that one. Some JDM folk have upgraded to UK zorsts IIRC.

yes I think that was only because there existing silencer was rotted and there are plenty of S/H std exhaust's about cheap ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
why not try the 5zigen.... i think price is around the 700 mark.. tbh one of the better looking exhaust's aswell with the burnt blue tips and its jasma stamped so its under 93/90 db so it sound ideal really :thumbs:

-ho

The 5zigen is definitely louder than the Nismo! Not a good choice if you want something quiet :)