Best quiet exhaust!?!?

funkymofo

If you want an exhaust that sounds amazing when you stamp the loud pedal, but civilised the rest of the time, its definately the Nismo you want.

Boomy on the motorway??? I dont know what your on about, on the motorway at a steady speed you cant hear the nismo at all IMO.

Only time i hear it, is under hard acceleration, and it makes a fantastic noise then!

IMO the Nismo is too quiet, i've got a 5Zigen exhaust to go on when the weather picks up, then ill flog my nismo i expect.

has anyone tried getting a garage/ exhaust place to replace the silencer on the mid section with a straight bit of pipe?

wouldnt cost much , and might make a difference?

just a thought

Did it on my blitz exhaust & made it much louder. Plan to do it to my greddy exhaust when I get chance :)

5zigen is probs a little louder than what you're after.

Sounds amazing, but can get a little annoying if you find yourself on a motorway for long journeys. esp if you're in sixth and doing 60ish in traffic. Seems to resonate throughout the cabin.

Sounds amazing, but can get a little annoying if you find yourself on a motorway for long journeys. esp if you're in sixth and doing 60ish in traffic. Seems to resonate throughout the cabin.

You have the Pro Racer tho, thats the 'quiet' 5Zigen...

I have a Miracle Fireball, which is their race spec one, doesnt have much in the way of silencers to talk about and is very straight. I'm expecting it to be pretty loud.

They also make a quieter one than the pro racer do they not?

Yes, it does do that doesn't it. You need to keep out of cruising at the 2.5 tio 2.75K rev range - not always easy. Still, it's a good excuse to drop a cog and boot it a bit :teeth: