Wiesmann factory visit

ir_fuel

I wonder if they'll drop the BMW S54 block for the new V8 lump (S65)? Awesome cars, great interior! Love that retro look, just like the Spyker's.

If you talk about the new M3 block? I doubt it. The roadster is too small to fit the V8 block imho, they would have to design a new car for it, and since they already have a V8 in the MF4 (which will appear in roadster too) and the M5 engine in the MF5 (which will apparently also be built in roadster) i dont think they will bother, considering the fact it already took them 1.5 years of lobbying to get their hands on the M5 engine.

Went to the wiesmann dealer today. Delivery time is about 6 months, and apparently they are rock-solid (for all the cars he sold there are none with issues whatsoever, that would be about 15 roadsters and 5 coupés). They dont come cheap and they hold their value like crazy (they are selling a used one with 4000 miles on the clock, built 02/2007 for 3.5% cheaper than list price for a new one :wacko:).

Gonna check out financing and leasing on those beasts... who knows :p