P1 Service - How much?

KS2006

• 2 weeks later...
54k??? thats far too long...just wanted smth better...having no probs with da Z so far....well ish...apart from a clicking noise on the rear left suspension [/size]and the rev needle that keeps sticking every now and then.... :D

Hi Greekman,

Just a thought my zed is about 3 months or so older than yours and my bearing on the left hand rear side as collapsed, its currently in the garage, please have a look at a thread started by a member on here in the technical...warranty... wheel bearing for further info might help with your noise problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got quoted £199 for a P1 service!

nearly choked!!

When I asked how much if I supply my own oil and filter, they didnt know if I was allowed to do that! :scare:

I do hate dealerships

For reference, a first service on my RX8 was £90!

Just got quoted £199 for a P1 service!

nearly choked!!

When I asked how much if I supply my own oil and filter, they didnt know if I was allowed to do that! :scare:

I got told that supplying my own (higher spec) oil and brake fluid would invalidate my warranty :lol::lol:

been chasing around for service prices and after alot of bartering i got West way nissan down to £137 if i supplied my own oil and filter. Am i correct in thinking that it goes P1 - P2 - P1. As my next service is coming up and its the 27k one.

It goes P1-P2-P1-P3-P1....which matches up to

9k -18k-27k-36k

or

1yr-2yr-3yr-4yr

or a mixture which ever is sooner

Jeez, im glad i have a JDM and dont have to pay to keep my service history looking nice!

I had an oil change today, supplying my own oil and filter (filter was £5, oil was discounted price of £30 from ESR). My mate at the local garage did it for free and stamped my book (but i bunged him 20quid anyway).

Have a pop charger, so no filter to change, and i can top up my own washer bottle! :lol: