Back in the Nissan family

Irn Bru

Apologies, last post off topic, just got me thinking with original post

skyline R32,R33,R34 yet 911 always remains. 

Great looking cars and price is only going one way so your not gonna be out of pocket. 

Enjoy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Peugeot has now stuck with 08 or 008 for their line up now, bar RCZ

Is that because they realised that if they kept going eventually they would end up with a Peugeot 911

Well Porsche in the days actually wanted to use 901, however Peugeot told them to sod off and so they used plan B and settled on 911 lol

I think if Peugeot kept going they'd next be at 309 and that name had its day so *08 is here to stay. Audi had the 80 and 100 then settles on A4. Citroen use to use names Saxo, Xsara now settled on C1, C4 etc. 

Edited by davey_83

2 hours ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

Apologies, last post off topic, just got me thinking with original post

skyline R32,R33,R34 yet 911 always remains. 

Great looking cars and price is only going one way so your not gonna be out of pocket. 

Enjoy

Nooooo you don't go into a dealer in the days an ask for an R34 GTR. You would just say Skyline GTR. R32, R33 etc is the model code like Z33 and Z34 or DC2, DC5, E46, e92..... Those always remain in the background as the manufacturers build code - it's different to the name of the car. 911 can be 964, 993 996 and so on as their build codes.

Yep i get that Dave, thats why i used different examples, it was just the thing that got me wondering. Although ironically everyone i have seen with an integra calls it a dc2 or dc5

i think possibly some manufacturers can only use certain numbers so have to stick to them where others have “earmarked” others to use. Dont know at what point and by who does this, like if ford brought out a 320d im sure BMW would veto it but can they possibly have the copyright/trademark or whatever to a number or number+letter?

2 hours ago, Sargara said:

Have you noticed yet that all the Skyline forums are effectively dead? Don't get me wrong they have useful aged posts but ghost towns on the whole.

Aye, not much activity on the forums but pussbook is pretty lively with chat