New member in New Zealand

Thought I'd say hi from New Zealand. I have an '03 track version, Silver,Black leather and 26,000 klms. Mod's so far: koni's, swift springs, hotchkis sway bars, whiteline end links, motordyne mrev2 lower plenum, apexi filter,nismo flywheel, clutch,stillen engine damper,ur alloy pulleys (stock size),remus rear box,ferodo pads and mt 600 fluid. More planned but most things have to come from usa though visiting the UK in June and will see if there are things worth buying. I have tracked this car and will do more. Have previously raced 911's and have an MGF cup car which I also race. Will be doing sprints and hill climbs in the Z this year. Have a bit more work to do on it before then. Happy to share my experience of parts fitted. Cheers ZTRACK

Hey Ztrack!! We Kiwi's are all over the place!!! :teeth:

How long have you had your 350?? Do you know about the Zed forums in NZ, for local meets etc??

http://www.zclub.org.nz (We've got a show to attend tomorrow :D )

http://www.300zx.co.nz (with a 350z forum)

Where in NZ are you?? Good 350z crew in NZ, very mixed ages. Some very heavily worked 350z's, 2 of which are full blown race cars. :D

You'll like this forum!! I come here for my daily dose of English nutty ness and humour. :lol:;)

Your not the only member from New Zealand, Bronzee comes from your part of the world as well ;)

And then there was two. :D:teeth:

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Wellington and had the Z for just over a year. Look forward to meeting some other NZ 350 owners.Will join the 350Z club asap. Find this a great car for the money and so much stuff available for it, especially in the states. looking forward to having more track fun with it.Cheers.

I'll put a pic up soon. Hi 350 DOC, you'll see I'm from Wellington which has had the best summer ever for 10 years or so. Small 350Z community here in Wellington. There is an APS twin Turbo car and a supercharged one plus of course a few unmodified. There is one racetrack within 2 hours drive which is pretty good whilst Taupo racetrack where they hold a round of A!GP is about 4.5 hrs drive. Did some sprints there a couple of weeks ago, awesome track.

I have a few questions for the forum, I'll check whats been asked by other members and start a new thread if necessary. Look forward to being part of the 350Z UK group.

Welcome to the forum, somebody to keep an eye on Bronzee now ;)

Lol, pity Ztrack is at the other end of the North Island, I'm in Auckland. :lol::p Right off to cause havoc. :D

I live in Wellington and had the Z for just over a year. Look forward to meeting some other NZ 350 owners.Will join the 350Z club asap. Find this a great car for the money and so much stuff available for it, especially in the states. l

As you've already noted, not a many 350's in Wgtn, but there are still a number of great ZClub members in the older school Zeds in Wgtn. None of Wgtn 350 owners seem to hang onto their Z's as long as we Aucklanders do for some odd reason. You might be the key to growing the 350z population for the club in Wellington. :yahoo:

There is an APS twin Turbo car and a supercharged one plus of course a few unmodified. There is one racetrack within 2 hours drive which is pretty good whilst Taupo racetrack where they hold a round of A!GP is about 4.5 hrs drive. Did some sprints there a couple of weeks ago, awesome track.

Pity you missed our Annual ZClub track day, only a month ago at Taupo.

Couple more of our Zclub 350 owners, one in Taranaki and the other in Dannevirke. Taranaki one does a fair amount of competing.

Is your car caged yet?? If it isn't and about to be, that will make you number 3.

Oh we've got an interclub track day at Pukekohe on Sunday 13th April, long way for you to travel, but will be a great day. There are more teams entered, but they've neglected to register.

http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=692&test=test

Hi BRONZEE, guess I'd better join the NZ Z club pronto !! Once I sell my current targa/race car I might be able to get serious about getting the 350 ready for the track. Shame I missed the Taupo day, really keen to develop this car and keep it for some time. Hope we can catch up soon.

Hi BRONZEE, guess I'd better join the NZ Z club pronto !! Once I sell my current targa/race car I might be able to get serious about getting the 350 ready for the track. Shame I missed the Taupo day, really keen to develop this car and keep it for some time. Hope we can catch up soon.

Hehe, yes you should. ;)

Aaah, you mentioned the magic word, "Targa". I'd say you'll probably know quite a few of the guys then. A small, small industry, especially with the Targa set, everyone knows each other.

I'm sure both the guys that have 350 race cars would be more than happy to let you know the pitfalls, and best things to go for with our beasties, in race car format. :D

Okay Guys - Have a couple of photo's now. Been too busy driving !!One is on a private track tucked away in the hills of Wellington, awesome fun. Second is with the '07 model wheels I picked up a month ago. Cheers

Thanks, transformed the car in my opinion in terms of looks. They are a bit lighter as well and might offer slightly better brake cooling. I'm going to put R rated semi slicks on the old wheels for track use until I can find (afford) a decent set of lightweight wheels. The current suspension set up is a pretty good road / track compromise.

Hi - It's oblong. This is a fairly early 2003 model registered new here in NZ in Feb '03. Has electric seats, 6 airbags, cruise control, traction control etc. I would imagine w get the euro spec here because of it being right hand drive?

is the rear number plate recess square or oblong ? i notice it has a uk style front number plate holder but no headlight washers

Yes, seems to be the same as the UK spec in terms of plate recess, my Z (2004) is the same. We don't for some reason have headlight washers down here, but then we don't see snow only in a few regions in the deep of Winter. Not sure about the 07/08, must check out on one of the newbies 07's.

Hi - It's oblong. This is a fairly early 2003 model registered new here in NZ in Feb '03. Has electric seats, 6 airbags, cruise control, traction control etc. I would imagine we get the euro spec here because of it being right hand drive?

I think you might be right. The 2005 spec NZ is a bit higher than our original models though. The '06 had the heated wing mirrors that ours don't. That's the only thing I wouldn't mind in Winter, but then it adds to problems and extra unnecessary weight.

Hey ZTrack, how do you find the Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Mintex rears setup? I think just about each one the 350's here with after market brake gear, is running different brands each. Differing results.

Almost forgot to say, really like the 35th Anniversary model wheels, gives it a more smooth looking finish than our older more angular rims. Hmm, or the Rays they are nice too.

Hi Bronzee, Found pads work well. Last time at manfeild they stood up well to a number of 7 or 8 lap sessions, no fade, just a brake pedal that started to get a bit soft. Did 150 Track K's that day.Looking at goodridge braided brake lines, master cylinder brace ( based on the Stillen one) and may go to the DBA 5000 series 2 piece front slotted rotors and their 4000 series rear. I'll see how that goes. Found 0800 brakes, John I think his name is to give good advice in the past.

Thanks re the wheels, I really like them, would like a set of LMGT4's or similar but will have to weight in the que for those.

By the way,I'm new to all this forum stuff so need to learn how to lift the previous post quote out. Is it just a copy and past?

and may go to the DBA 5000 series 2 piece front slotted rotors and their 4000 series rear. I'll see how that goes. Found 0800 brakes, John I think his name is to give good advice in the past.

Thanks re the wheels, I really like them, would like a set of LMGT4's or similar but will have to weight in the que for those.

By the way,I'm new to all this forum stuff so need to learn how to lift the previous post quote out. Is it just a copy and past?

I'm finding the 4000's good. Are you still running on the stock calipers?

Great you've found John, he knows his stuff.

Oh, quoting on a post, click on the little "quote" icon on the right handside of the particular post you're wishing to quote on. :) Does that make sense?

Hi Bronzee, running stock Brembo's at moment. I'll see how they go with the next step. I've seen the cost of AP's set up!! Glad you're pleased with the 4000's and yes, John's advice has always been good. (Didn't get the quote thing right for some reason, practise will make perfect. Cheers.