Getting my first 350z

Hi people..

just joined and and looking for a 350z, wanted to ask for some advice if I may?

ive seen a car that interests me, in the sunset burnt orange colour, it’s an 02 plate with 50,000 miles which seems good, it’s up for £5400 and with my trade in I’d Ben handing over £4K cash.

Anyone think that’s a good deal?

is an 02 ok, I know there were different revisions of the engine over the years.

It’s also an automatic, I know not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve got a fused bone in my left ankle so a manual isn’t an option unfortunately.

any advice more than welcome. 

One thing I could say is it might be worth looking at some of the cars that are for sale on here. Quite a few have got pretty detailed build logs, sort of proof they were well looked after. The one you are looking at could be absolutely fine or it oculd be like my one and the slave cylinder could die within 3 days of ownership ;( . I havent driven the auto myself so I cant comment unfortunately but i will say if the paint is in good condition the orange does look fantastic.

It does look nice, not a colour I thought of before but I like it. 

The guy guy says it has no rust and a full MOT, it’s got FSH too so I’m hopeful.. 

ill have a look here too

thanks.

10 hours ago, Winehouse said:

It does look nice, not a colour I thought of before but I like it. 

The guy guy says it has no rust and a full MOT, it’s got FSH too so I’m hopeful.. 

ill have a look here too

thanks.

One thing I would suggest is to make sure that you get on your hands and knees and have a good look under the car as they're notorious for rusting. I didn't (due to the car being slammed on some HSDs) and it failed the MOT due to having rusted sub frame stays, even though there was no history of rust on previous MOTs and the previous owner assured me that he has had the car on a lift and there were no signs of rust. The stays are located just in front of the rear wheels and look like kidneys, so they're pretty easy to see and should give a good indication of the condition of the underbody. I hope that helps :) 

Another question if i may guys... Just a quick one.

Did the Interior centre console come in different colours, all the ones i've seen are black to be fair, unless modified, this is a picture of the interior of the one i am going to look at and it looks grey to me, is this just the image or did the come in grey too?

Cheers 

350zint.jpg

It's black, there were some that came in "ice" (This isn't one of those!) which was a mid grey but I believe they're stupid rare and mainly US models.

Odd that it has no steering controls I thought the base model still had audio controls.

Thanks for that..

im going to see it either Thursday or Saturday, whichever I can manage..

yeah most of the the ones I’ve seen have at least some controls one side but this has none, not that it bothers me.

Could someone tell me if these wheels are standard, what size they might be?

id like to get some nice new wheels but I don’t really want to lower the car, any recommendations for something to fill the arches?

409A8EC9-C68E-428B-9DCB-027A23330AE2.jpeg

Welcome to the OC.

Those wheels are the optional 18 inch forged lightweight Rays wheels.

Probably one of the lightest and strongest wheels to have.

They were an EXTRA £1000 if you ticked them on ordering the car new.

For handling and keeping unsprung weight down they are pretty much the rims to have.

19 inch rims look the business but do add alot of weight, even if you go for the forged Nismo LMGT4 rims also made by Rays.

Then there's also the increased cost of tyres for the 19 inch rims.

Here's a pic of mine on standard suspension but with the 19 inch rims on which fill the arches perfectly imho.

350z still looking fresh after more than 10 years

Very hard to obtain these wheels even 2nd hand now, but Rota do a very similar design for a reasonable price.

Thanks for letting me know, so not a bad wheel to get with the car then ;)

your Z looks gorgeous too.

Have you got a body kit on yours? 

Do do you mind me asking which one?

cheers.

It's a version 1 Nismo body kit comprising of a wing, side skirts, rear spats which attach to the bottom side of the rear bumper and a Nismo bumper.

You can purchase an aftermarket front lip which will give you a very similar looking front for much less money, and there are plenty of different kits out there 

Tarmacsportz are a trusted source of such parts.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=44&q=350z+sidesteps

Morning people..

Sorry for all of the questions.. 

I was looking at possibly replacing the Bose head unit and putting a double din in place, but keeping the sub and amp.

Could someone tell me if this is all i need, i have looked through the ICE section and its all a bit confusing.

https://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=4482

Or there is this as well on fleabay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT51-NS01-Bose-Car-ISO-Wiring-Harness-Lead-For-Nissan-350z-Murano/352317664744?hash=item5207c4ede8:g:sEUAAOSwBiBavP2~

Do i need anything else, the head unit need anything specific, do i need to cut and splice wires, thats the nit that worries me lol 

Many thanks.. 

Edited by Winehouse