New Member looking for a 350z

Good Morning, I joined up the other day and am currently looking for a 350z.  So far I have looked at a couple a DE and a REV UP.  The DE smoked on startup so I walked away, the rev up didn't feel as strong as the DE, I know the rev up has more power and the car is a bit heavier than the DE but does it have less torque as a result?  The rev up was otherwise in reasonable condition but I'm a bit put off because it felt a bit flat, it has been serviced every year but I'm not sure if its had much beyond oil and filter in the recent services, so maybe its down to plugs, air filter (I need to lookup what is done as part of a P3 service) etc? 

To be honest they're old cars now, I'd buy purely on condition if you get a well looked after car you'll enjoy it much more. There are difference between DE and HR but unless your planning specific mods I wouldn't worry too much. I was always told the main thing is to go for GT vs the base model.

As a very new owner of 350z I can only give you one advise : buy , modify , enjoy :yahoo:

It took me a year since i first thought of buying one and now I know a I lost a year of great fun, so don't copy my mistake.

Good luck in your hunt :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the links above very helpful, I had a look at the video and read through the post.  I assuming smoking on startup is something happening more lately as they age, didn't see it mentioned...

On 5/16/2018 at 09:27, cs3ljw said:

Thanks for the links above very helpful, I had a look at the video and read through the post.  I assuming smoking on startup is something happening more lately as they age, didn't see it mentioned...

Smoking on start up could be down to valve stem seals buddy. that would seem to be an expensive fix..

• Thanks 1