Car Sharing Lanes

AndySpak

Another badly though out load of Bo33ocks. If I could share my driving cost I would do this. I did it for two years until the volume of traffic meant I was having to leave home at 3-30am to do it. Traffic will always flow more smoothy if allowed to change lanes when required.

Maybe we could have a Gas Guzzler lane just for ourselves so we could get somewhere at a decent speed.

Maybe we could have a Gas Guzzler lane just for ourselves so we could get somewhere at a decent speed.

Wasnt there a post on a Lexus lane not long ago? I was well up for it as I would just expense the use of it to work proclaiming it got me there quicker which meant they didnt have to pay my travel overtime :teeth:

There is one of these now in brum directly past the Lambo dealer :dry:

Yes, I go down this every day. All it does it cause one empty lane, and one lane with stationary cars queuing and pumping out more CO2.

The people who come up with this are To$$ers. Didnt they learn from the Bus Lane they put on the A38 at great expense that was subsequently removed.... :rant:

I've used the car sharing lanes in the states when I've worked over there. There was always a few of us working at the same site and staying at the same hotel sharing a hire car so it worked well. Plus the lanes were generally additional lanes rather than taking up an existing one, and quite a few had their own entry and exit sliproads. In my experience it sped up our journey and made things easier for us.

I did hear news reports of people being caught in the car share lane with mannequins in the passenger seat! :lol:

Over here I'm sure the transport department will b@lls it up good and proper by making it lane 3 of an existing motorway so there's no space for everyone else and when you reach your junction you have to battle through 2 lanes of traffic...oh no, we're using the hard shoulder now too, make that 3 lanes! :headhurt:

Agree that it works well in the states. The 'driver only' cars seem to let you out the car pool lane too.

Here, you will not be able to move due to BMW drivers hogging the road driving too close to each other. It's not like a 316i has enough power to accelerate away anyway! :lol: