Black 350z

KuroKiddo

Another pic from Anglesey from a few months ago, can't wait to go again so I could see how much difference the seats gonna makes 

Ps also fitted Hardrace front upper camber arms as well, - 2.5f and - 3.5r camber atm, really looking forward to how the car feels after all those bits, coolerworx shifter possibly the next mod down the line 

IMG_20190527_090652_754.jpg

Edited by KuroKiddo
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Last time I updated this post back in December I was in the midst of going through a Corona like virus, and now with this lockdown going on and no road trips/trackdays happening I thought I'll post a few things re the Z.

Firstly had another alignment, raised the rear ride height a bit, adjusted the rear camber, with a bit of toe out at the front and bit of toe in at the rear, I think in the 8 years I have own the car this felt by far the best settings I've experienced, it turns in sharp, grips very very well and are totally predictable. Yet to trying out on track as it was cancelled amid the lockdown but I'm looking forward to it. The only thing that's annoying is the rear end bobs side to side during long fast cornering which I hopefully will remedy with parts I've listed further down.

IMG_20200423_135116.jpg

IMG_20200421_215832.jpg

Edited by KuroKiddo
  • Like 1

Oh and managed to pick up a Greddy/Trust gear knob up from Japan! Always wanted one when my brother had one in his EVO VII back in the days, loved the look and feel of it, but when I looked a couple of years ago it was discontinued and trying to find a 2nd hand one was proving difficult.

Luckily when I went on a random search it appear Greddy has re-released that style and I just had to get it!

PSX_20200423_141619.jpg

PSX_20200418_122955.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got a day out at Anglesey after the lockdown to try out the new mods and settings, car felt very good but I think I will change the rear camber from -3 to -2 or -1.5, given when the rear end get lose it snaps quite violently, the diff was working very well pulling the car mid corner and exit. You could just push the pedal down alot more and sooner and the diff just put all the power down and sling shot you through!

The Z1 subframe inserts and SPL solid diff mounts works well too now there's hardly any slacks in the rear, you could feel it's a lot tighter at the back and the side to side bobbing during long hard cornering is completely gone. Does transmit a bit of drivetrain noise but personally I love the whine haha.

PSX_20200818_074443.jpg

• 11 months later...

Just stumbled across your build while researching 255/265 35 18 setup that I'd like to run (dropping from 40 currently)

Glad to see you getting on well with it so I'll go ahead! Car looks great with nice mods for getting decent gains with track use............Anglesey is such a great track and does deliver some great pics opportunities too!

Will follow your progress 

Cheers mate, had an half and hour tuition with an instructor at Anglesey last time and he commented on the car is set up very well. Still running the same alignment spec as the pic above. Together with the solid bushes/inserts at the diff/back subframe the rear end is nice and taut.

Couple of things going forward I would like to change is to swap the rear wheels for some higher offsets so I don't have to run stretch, SPL bushes for the front and Goodyear Supersport as one tyre for all occasions.

Let me know how you get on with those tyre sizes @350Butcher

Photos from Anglesey couple of weeks ago.

IMG_20210722_115213.jpg

IMG_20210714_094407_348.jpg

IMG_20210714_094407_441.jpg

Edited by KuroKiddo

8 hours ago, KuroKiddo said:

Cheers mate, had an half and hour tuition with an instructor at Anglesey last time and he commented on the car is set up very well. Still running the same alignment spec as the pic above. Together with the solid bushes/inserts at the diff/back subframe the rear end is nice and taut.

Couple of things going forward I would like to change is to swap the rear wheels for some higher offsets so I don't have to run stretch, SPL bushes for the front and Goodyear Supersport as one tyre for all occasions.

Let me know how you get on with those tyre sizes @350Butcher

Photos from Anglesey couple of weeks ago.

Instruction at Anglesey is probably well worth it as the right line isn't obvious around there......the fast right hander turn 3 I don't think I ever feel like I've got that right! Great circuit though

I totally agree loosing all those huge soft rear subframe bushes improves things loads and stops it all feeling like its floating around behind you. Looks like you're on Kumho's now, same sizes? or different now. Imagine on track the NS2R's stood up better to the punishment?

Will keep you posted re 35 from 40 switch but it'll probably only be doing road work this year sadly, I'm not planning any track days but never say never! Maybe a cheeky evening session at Donington

That's a great oversteer shot through Peel.......bet that printed off and on your wall? or your desktop wallpaper? 

That fast right hander is a belter, daring yourself to carry as much speed as possible.

Running 255/265 still but in 40s, more sidewall for the road and similar rolling radius to stock, and I also like how they filled the arches too. Yeah they're Kumho PS91 not bad tyres for the price but comes with the usual road tyre on track limitations. Cup2 probably the best compromise for all in one tyre but they're so expensive, Goodyear Supersport seems probably best for performance/value.

Good idea about getting it printed off, haven't thought of that!

9 hours ago, KuroKiddo said:

That fast right hander is a belter, daring yourself to carry as much speed as possible.

Running 255/265 still but in 40s, more sidewall for the road and similar rolling radius to stock, and I also like how they filled the arches too. Yeah they're Kumho PS91 not bad tyres for the price but comes with the usual road tyre on track limitations. Cup2 probably the best compromise for all in one tyre but they're so expensive, Goodyear Supersport seems probably best for performance/value.

Good idea about getting it printed off, haven't thought of that!

and with only very soft deep muddy (usually wet) grass to catch you if you get it wrong!! Great stuff!!

Much softer wide wall as well vs the likes of AD08/NS2R too. I'm wondering how much harsher the ride may be dropping to 35 from 40 with the AD08's as the side wall is so stiff on both anyway!? Lowering the gearing with smaller diameter is part of my interest too as small gain in acceleration is welcome.......VDC all removed from my car so don't need to worry about that side of things. Be nice to just try it before committing to them till they're scrubbed out but sometimes you got to try these things to try these things! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Beautiful build ! 

Read through the whole build and looks like some top quality work 

I'm new to the forum, and looking for my first Zed 

Been watching your for sale ad trying to work out logistics to come and view ! Unfortunately I'm too new a member to comment on the for sale post. I see you are now looking to keep her, cant say I blame you. Do let me know if you decide to list again. Very interested   

31 minutes ago, KuroKiddo said:

Hi pal, thanks for the kind words, it is too nice to let go so yeah I'm keeping it for a while. Will keep you in mind when I do eventually decided to sell it. You can follow me on Instagram z33kuro to see updates of any changes. Cheers 

Not a problem, call it how I see it 🤩.

Cheers appreciate it, just followed on Instagram looking forward to see what you have planned next.