My New Job, by Andrew aged 27 and a half.

AK350Z

Don't worry, I reckon your apprenticeship was better than mine, there's no substitute for time spent.

Was just my thought's about what i experience today with today's new starter's. One of the biggest problems i find is that they are not allowed to run lose like i was when i started, company's are so scared of the HSE these days. But your right you never stop learning.......so my apprenticeship as been going on for 28 years. :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic pics mate, very interesting job

+1 stunning. B)

im a technician by trade,...well kinda, spent 4 years at college doing a HND in electrical&electronic engineering. I was rubbish at maths but good at programming, PLC and hands on stuff.

Work in an office now doing absolutely nothing to do with engineering 9:30 - 6 :lol:

bloody ell mate you are only a little older than me and you are doing that :scare::notworthy::notworthy:

Awesome pics, so sellafield, when you get your z and you come to the meet ill be able to spot you a mile off, youll be the glowing one from all the radiation :lol::lol: kidding ;)

Not sure why, but Ive always had a phobia about swimming in the sea and a huge ship comes by :scare::scare::scare: Id poop my pants :blush::headhurt:

bloody ell mate you are only a little older than me and you are doing that :scare::notworthy::notworthy:

Awesome pics, so sellafield, when you get your z and you come to the meet ill be able to spot you a mile off, youll be the glowing one from all the radiation :lol::lol: kidding ;)

haha :blush: , i don't have any special qualifications or anything! just in the right place at the right time.

As for the radiation, everyone will get a complimentary tan at any meet i got to! :sun:

Wow, great pics. But not my cup of tea - got to be a bit hazardous come Oct - Feb! :surrender:

Hope it gets you the Zed. Is good seeing what other people do for a living. I never even thought about people going out to those things really. :blush:

Take Jay next time, Phil has heard mobile signals get frazzled! :lol::p

Well sure as hell beats sittin in an office 9-5, 5 days a week

I bet it's a good topic of conversation when someone asks 'what do you do for a living?'

It certainly beats a rocket scientist!! :D

Amazing that everyone is so diverse in our chosen careers, yet we love the same car. :teeth:

Cool. I used to gaze at the windfarm when I was offshore Liverpool Bay, it looked pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a gander in one.

I spent 5 and a half years (from age 19) working in the oil industry offshore installing electrical submersible pumps and all the VSD or switchboard equipment to run it.

Got sick of it so now I commission them all over the world..... from my office!

Semi retirement at 25! :lol:

Pleased to see folks are enjoying the pictures, so i thought i'd add a few more from the dockside of a new offshore farm in holland. These ones are slightly smaller than the ones i was on in the previous pictures, only an 80m bladespan this time! :)

Loaded jack-up vessel:

IMG_2003.jpg

standing on the dockside

IMG_2024.jpg

Fair big them blades!

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

Dont put your head up there!

IMG_1990.jpg

Blade storage

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

know its a stupid question, but what do these fans do? Do they turn on in the summer to keep us cool on hot days? :blush:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have to assume that's a joke Jay! :lol:

really thought they were electric fans, not to keep us cool but to produce waves for surfers :blush:

know its a stupid question, but what do these fans do? Do they turn on in the summer to keep us cool on hot days? :blush:

really thought they were electric fans, not to keep us cool but to produce waves for surfers :blush:

I can tell you it's actually a plan to blow the uk further south to improve the weather! :yahoo:

I can tell you it's actually a plan to blow the uk further south to improve the weather! :yahoo:

Lol, you are a legend if thats the case :lol: But honestly how on earth do they manage to build these things in the sea, and how do you build a strong enough base so deep into the water, surely with the constant movement of waves and currents it disturbs the settlement of the ground to make the base move no?

But honestly how on earth do they manage to build these things in the sea, and how do you build a strong enough base so deep into the water, surely with the constant movement of waves and currents it disturbs the settlement of the ground to make the base move no?

Its obvious mate - Weetabix - extra large bricks! :lol: Have you ever managed to remove Weetabix from your plate after its dried on? ....Exactly! ;)

But honestly how on earth do they manage to build these things in the sea, and how do you build a strong enough base so deep into the water, surely with the constant movement of waves and currents it disturbs the settlement of the ground to make the base move no?

Its obvious mate - Weetabix - extra large bricks! :lol: Have you ever managed to remove Weetabix from your plate after its dried on? ....Exactly! ;)

:lol::lol: