New tyres for Z

c1624800

Ok can I get a wee bit off guidance. Im looking to get new tyres for the Z and want to know what ones would be best ?

Also what is the best way of buying them, i have found a website that sends them out to you at very good prices, then you get them fitted? is this wise or has anybody got a view?

Cheers

Ok can I get a wee bit off guidance. Im looking to get new tyres for the Z and want to know what ones would be best ?

Also what is the best way of buying them, i have found a website that sends them out to you at very good prices, then you get them fitted? is this wise or has anybody got a view?

Cheers

General opinion seems to be in favour of Toyos or Falkens at the cheaper end, and MPS if you want to spend a bit more.

I've used Black Circles and E-Tyres online service before, and both have been fine. In both cases, I was able to nominate a local fitter to which I took the car at an agreed time for fitting that suited me best. They also do a home fitting service though I've not tried that yet. The extra cost for fitting still left me with a considerable savings over typical high street prices.

Got MPS on mine and they're excellent, as far as prices goes, I would always recommend a fitter that isn't going to mark your wheels vs saving a few quid... I've learnt the hard way in the past!

+1 for the MPS

I paid £127 delivered from blackcircles for them, then took them to a trusted fitter to fit them as was worried about getting the alloys damaged. (£30 fitting for 2 wheels)

Used to have RE050A's on the rear but the MPS are far better imo. Lots more grip in the wet, really stable in the dry. Noticeble difference on various roundabouts which i used to be very cautious of taking quickly of before, but can now drive them confidently.

Well pleased with them! Will be fitting MPS on the front too when funds allow!

I've got Falken 452's on recommendation from Phil. Had Pirelli P-Zero Rosso on before and I cant really tell any difference, if anything the lower profile of the Falken is nicer as the car feels more solid in the corners with less sidewall flex. I vote for the Falkens as they are pretty cheap and I cant tell the difference to more expensive rubber so will stick with them (unless quick wear is a problem) :)

I've got Falken 452's on recommendation from Phil. Had Pirelli P-Zero Rosso on before and I cant really tell any difference, if anything the lower profile of the Falken is nicer as the car feels more solid in the corners with less sidewall flex. I vote for the Falkens as they are pretty cheap and I cant tell the difference to more expensive rubber so will stick with them (unless quick wear is a problem) :)

+1

+1

+2

Feels much more stable when cornering & less twitchy in the wet

Paid £180 each for my rear MPS, they're the old pattern but as I still have 6mm on the MPS old pattern on the fronts I though I'd keep with the same pattern.

For info, I got 14k out of the rears, so if I judge right I should get 28k out of the fronts which is amazing.

Cheers

when you're pricing them up have a look at www.event-tyres.co.uk. used them when i had my honda and they fit them on your drive. they were cheaper than buying the tyres on their own. excellent service in my experience and they can often do a bit of a deal if you ring them up as well. this may just be the lazy option though. . . :thumbs:

chris