Bump

Flex

So today in the Shogun I was sitting in traffic and was trying to swap lanes, sitting there for about a minute, decided to give up on trying to get in and pulled away and heard a noise, thought nothing of it as she's an old girl.

Then a lady pulled alongside me saying I'd rolled backwards into her, I was confused as Shogun is auto and I thought I was in drive (and had no recollection of rolling backwards) or being in neutral to do so.

I gave her my number but I said I dont know how I could have rolled backwards.

Her bumper had lots of marks on it already, all over it. I guess there was contact between us but she could have driven into me, if she does claim I think she's being petty.

If she does, should I deny it or accept on balance I may have rolled back?

I'll test the old girl and see how she is on an incline in drive and see if she rolls backwards.

Thing is I may have rolled back but I thought I would have noticed, bit of a stressful day so was a bit distracted but still fairly alert.

If hers is covered in scratches, ask her which one you did. To roll back into someone you'd certainly notice it, unless she was parked under your bumper, in which case its her fault anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyleR said:

If hers is covered in scratches, ask her which one you did. To roll back into someone you'd certainly notice it, unless she was parked under your bumper, in which case its her fault anyway.

Exactly, if she stopped a sensible distance behind you, you would have had to roll far enough back to hit her that you would have noticed. I was taught to stop far enough away from the car in front that you could still see their tyres. Not just to stop the car in front rolling back into you if its a s### driver  but also to give you the space to pull out around it should it suffer from a mechanical failure ect.

• Like 2