eBay help

sl114

Just need a bit of help on this.

Sarah and I sold my amp on ebay over a month ago and set in the terms and conditions that payment is due within 3 days and collection is by pick up only as its a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 and all valves, therefore i did not want them to get broken in transit. For pickup, we required 24 hours notice as it is at my Dads and he is not always there so need to arrange a time that he can be around.

To cut a story short, this guy has paid for the amp and has said he has tried to pick up the amp on several occasions, all of which he just said that morning that he will be picking it up that afternoon which was too late for me to contact my dad to be there. hence he has not picked it up yet. This has been going on for about a month now. The other people who won other amps have collected without problems.

This guy has now asked for a refund, however we are reluctant to issue a refund as we have given him all the options to pick it up and he has not provided evidence that he has attempted to pick it up, just his word. He has also not followed the terms and conditions of pickup that we listed in the listing and by email right after he won the item.

Am i right in saying that he has no right to get his money back and i should just say he needs to pick up the amp and if he doesnt its his problem? Or do i have to give him a refund? Ive tried looking at ebay but cant see any information at all about this so was wondering if anyone knows?

Thanks all :thumbs:

Send him an email, via ebay so its recorded, and tell give him a couple of specific times that he can pick the amp up. By doing so you are giving him an opportunity to collect the amp and thus comply with the listings T&C's. If he doesn't show then imo he is forfeiting his right to a refund.

If he complains to ebay, your defence will be that you complied with your listings T&C's and its him who's the messer.

Just beware that the guy has your dad's address if it gets nasty........

if he has paid by Paypal make sure you have transferred it to your Bank Account, as Paypal automatically withold any funds if there is a dispute (no matter who is in the right :rant: had this happen myself ! )

Re your situation , just tell him to pick up ASAP, no need to offer refund , it's down to him to collect at an agreeable time etc..

don't give a refund in my opinion. Just tell him when he can get it like you agreed in the first place. Don't worry about negative feedback unless you've already left positive feedback for him. If he leaves negative for you, you will leave it for him so people don't usually bother. In any event you do get the chance to reply to feedback.

Thanks I've given him an option to pick it up amd listed times and details to pick it up yet he is asling for a refund. The reason I don't want to refund is for two resons

1) He won it and thereore should buy it at the price listed.

2) Sarah went through the trouble to do this for me, thus i don't want to complicate things.

I understand I can relist it, however the money has been tranferred so we are not going to issue a refund. He bidded under our terms and conditions so its his problem if he has decided that he does not want to collect it

Send him an email, via ebay so its recorded, and tell give him a couple of specific times that he can pick the amp up. By doing so you are giving him an opportunity to collect the amp and thus comply with the listings T&C's. If he doesn't show then imo he is forfeiting his right to a refund.

If he complains to ebay, your defence will be that you complied with your listings T&C's and its him who's the messer.

Just beware that the guy has your dad's address if it gets nasty........

this is my thought at the moment and I have given him options. If he messes with my dad, good luck to him, he won't get very far.

Also be mindful of the fact you're probably going to get some negative feedback now whatever the outcome...

Not necessarily. Leave feedback on the 90th day after the auction closed. Preferably about ten minutes before it closed, exactly ten minutes. The option to leave feedback would then close and he couldn't reply or leave any negative feedback.