HoHo - Car Tax Bands

KS2006

so a 2005 350z will cost £210 until 2009, then £120 in 2009 then £125 the years after? and a 2006 on one will cost £400 then £150 in 2009 then £155?

Not from the way I see it, you're looking at £440 all the time!

Absolutely Taxed to the ****ing hilt now this country, Do they want the shirt off my back too? :rant::rant::angry::angry:
They probably dont but im waiting for a comment from Jay! :lol:

I think its disgusting, i was all for taxing cars due to how many miles you do per year in it, that way it works out fair on all counts.

labour dont but Louis does :lol::lol::lol::lol:

VED Tax bands are a crazy way to try to impose 'being green' on us. Completely misses the point, especially this 'first year tax band' - what's that about? Does the car get greener with age?

TBH the fairest tax is probably tax on petrol, you only pay if you drive, and if your car chucks out CO2 you burn more petrol, so you pay for it... but then we're already taxed at the highest rate in the civilised world for petrol.

So only one thing for it - sell the Z and buy a pre-2001 gas guzzler :rant:

VED Tax bands are a crazy way to try to impose 'being green' on us. Completely misses the point, especially this 'first year tax band' - what's that about? Does the car get greener with age?

TBH the fairest tax is probably tax on petrol, you only pay if you drive, and if your car chucks out CO2 you burn more petrol, so you pay for it... but then we're already taxed at the highest rate in the civilised world for petrol.

So only one thing for it - sell the Z and buy a pre-2001 gas guzzler :rant:

blow up parliment is another way round it :teeth:

and in the midst of all this Ken livingstone is Building Europes biggest mosque with our tax money,... yet two hospitals near me have closed down to make flats for the ever growing population, mainly caused by immigration :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I'm wondering how this affects the people with imports who are getting better treatment in some cases (like me). My car is down as Zero emissions and my next years tax due is showing on the DVLA vehicle enquiry page as £185. It will be interesting to see which bracket it falls into when it goes up and if I still get off lighter than some of you others.

I'm wondering how this affects the people with imports who are getting better treatment in some cases (like me). My car is down as Zero emissions and my next years tax due is showing on the DVLA vehicle enquiry page as £185. It will be interesting to see which bracket it falls into when it goes up and if I still get off lighter than some of you others.

Oh, dont worry, they'll wise up to that one soon enough knowing them :rant:

As this Tax rape is all about saving the environment and an attempt to force us into 'greener' cars I took the liberty of knocking up this comparison between the 350z and other smaller engined cars:

comparisonzf7.jpg

Yes the Zed produces more CO2 but the Ka and Yaris produce more of the other pollutants. Of course, it's all about the dioxide isn't it and the government won't care if smaller cars actually produce more pollutants or not.