My service price report, A huge thanks to all 350z-uk owners

M350ZB

Right having my 350Z for a year the end of april it was time for a service. The P3 service, also needing some pads all round.

First port of call was local nissan garage, this being nissan toomey basildon,

p3 service - £450

Rear Pads - £200

Front Pads - £180

Total - £830

Jesus :surrender: , i thought, and they are nissan manufactures pads, so straight away got on here 350z-uk, asking some questions.

After talking to a few people on this site, found out about big phil, he gave me a wicked price, and a very high performance brake pad, alot better than the nissan standard fit ones.

p3 service - 310

pads - ferodo ds2500 pads - £175

total - £485

A savings of £345 :teeth:

Then at work today phoned a couple of local garages,

nissan southend - p3 - £450

nissan dartford - p3 - 350

nissan gilford - p3 - £310

nissan billericay - p3 - £420

Now im mega confused, how can there be this much in difference in each service price, asked around and all were exactly the same service. :headhurt:

Then back on here and found an old post with rickya, talking about his service in slough, dan perkins. 01753 538 444.

Read threw this, and gave them a call, talking to mark the service manager and a very helpfull lady called joe. They gave me a p3 price for £300, knocked down from £388, after mentioning about the owners club and some sweet talking, lol. Took the price wrote it down e.t.c, then went off back to work. About an hour later, Joe phones be back and mentions a L3 service, talking to her and from my understandings, the same as a P3 but this also include anti-freeze and brake fluid, the L3 service is seen as a major service where the P3 is seen as a major service but while in warrenty, so talking for some time the only difference, is thaat on the L3 rahter than the P3, you get anti-freeze and brake fluid, and get this all for a grand total of £250, should be £300. A very nice man Mark is ! B) .

So thats £250 for a L3 service, effectivly the same as a P3 but you get more but for less money, Clueless, lol !

So as soon as big phil gets back to me about the ferodo ds2500 pads (£175-All round), then i will book my 350z into slough and job done.

So TOTAL - L3 (P3) - £250

- Pads (ferodo ds2500) - £175 + delivery ?

GRAND TOTAL - £ 425

Plenty of money for my nismo at long bloody last :p , big phil, another pm sent !

If you have any comments about the servicing, pads, e.t.c, which you think can be helpfull to me, involving anything from prices to genreal comments about other pads, e.t.c, servicing, e.t.c, I will be much greatfull, as i will be ordering pads and booking service thursday morning !

And to END, would liek to say thank you to evreyone on 350z-uk, this site really is like the 350z, a pleasure !

Thanks guys !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something in my head is saying to me that an L3 is not the same as a P3 :headhurt:

Also, in your last figures, you need to factor in the costs of fitting the pads to show a true reflection ;)

Bigphil would of done it for free as part of the service and would of done a proper P3. Once you pay Nissan £85 per hour for fitting your out of pocket :blush:

thinking of fitting the pads my self, but defo getting them from big phil, good price, even the p3 service is £300 here though and will find alot more out when booking!, just saves the long drive, and also frees up more money, so guess what sarnie, nismo zorst by the summer, lol woo hoo :teeth:

big phil you have pm's- pads/nismo zorst

just a question sarnie, what pads where you running ?

thinking of fitting the pads my self, but defo getting them from big phil, good price, even the p3 service is £300 here though and will find alot more out when booking!, just saves the long drive, and also frees up more money, so guess what sarnie, nismo zorst by the summer, lol woo hoo :teeth:

big phil you have pm's- pads/nismo zorst

just a question sarnie, what pads where you running ?

I only mentioned the fitting as you said you'd be taking it to the dealer to get them fitted. I fitted my own pads and it was easy peasy.

I had Ferodo DS2500 pads. I also had the EBC redstuff before them. The Ferodo's were the best pad but they really, really, really squeeled like buggery!!! :scare:

Maybe I didn't bed them in properly but I'm not the only person to experience the squeeling with the Ferodo's......................

thank you mate for that, put a bit of a doubt in my head now, :headhurt: , dont want stupid squeaking breaks on a nice motor now do we ! What were the EBC like, compared to standard, e.t.c any info, much greatfull mate !

EBC's were better than standard but not as good as Ferodo's but didn't squeel at all and are nearly half the price of Ferodo's :)

when you say squeel, what under say coming to stop, how badly are we talking, did yours ever bed in or, your 350z was neat, not as neat as the lambo though B) did you go from ebc to ferodo ?

They only squeeled under 20 mph or so but at the most embarrassing times e.g crowded traffic lights or islands or junctions etc. I'd rather them squeel at 50+ when no one else will notice :blush:

I follwed the bed in procedure to the letter but it didn't seem to work, not for me at least. :)

I went from standard to EBC on my first zed and standard to Ferodo's in my second zed :thumbs:

P3 Service at Chorley's Nissan in Wigan is £180.

Why are you suverners paying so much?

Because down south we pay for electricity and don't rely on the local windmill :p

More fool you then!

:lol:

Our houses are better than your mines though :p:lol:

performance wise, whats best ferodo or ebc then i know the ferodos are more expensive and like you said better, but how much better? , really not liking the idea of squelling brakes AT ALL :headhurt: , any one else had similar probs ?

thank you mate for that, put a bit of a doubt in my head now, :headhurt: , dont want stupid squeaking breaks on a nice motor now do we ! What were the EBC like, compared to standard, e.t.c any info, much greatfull mate !

go performance friction then big does them too :thumbs:

Because down south we pay for electricity and don't rely on the local windmill :p

Since when has Birmingham been classed as the South, South of Manchester maybe :p

Careful with Lx services over Px services if you have a warrenty. From what I remember from Basingstoke Nissan Dealership Principal, with an Lx service they dont connect the car up to the diagnostics machine as they do in the Px service and as such, if you get an Lx service it will void the warrenty if you have one. If you dont have a warrenty then its all good as the machine aint likely to spot much otherwise it would have thrown the CEL light anyway from what I've been told :thumbs:

More fool you then!

:lol:

Yeah and you guy's have running water and inside toilets.

Decided on the ferodo ds2500 pads, got them from big phil @ ESR, a bargain at £175 for front anmd back, nice guy as well. Will be back for him for my next bits ;) . Fiiting in morning and yeah wont forget the copper grease, so no squealing for me , aye sarnie lol !