My service price report, A huge thanks to all 350z-uk owners

M350ZB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eek! Off to check mine in a minute then as I had another service off them just a day ago!!! They've always been good to me, but you never know when they have some dodgy mechanic(s) working for them. They are 100x better than Basingstoke Nissan, I know that much.

I'm in for a free MOT at the end of Sept, I will definately mention this to them and make them check mine over again. They do read the forums now and again and they do take any feedback very seriously.

The service there is great like i forgot my service book and they booked me in for a free m,o,t the following weekend and stamped me book and back dated, even got some plates made up for m,o,t reasons and the price was not to bad, the people there are really nice and the service is good, just this could of cost me :surrender: , well god knows, lol !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest prescience
I am thinking of what action to take, but tbh there is not much i can do, as there is nothing i can prove really, any advice guys ? ? ?

Move on :)

Moved on indeed, sorted the Zed all out today, just literally put all me tools away, started her up and loving it again, lol. Gonna take her for a well deserved clean later, and a blip around town, a happy chappy again :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Time to finally start saving up and get modding the Zed now, bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna give them a ring tommorrow and see what they say ? Still thinking how lucky i was to spot it, the people as such are great there, well freindly and done me a very good price compared to my local nissan dealer, and even done me a good deal when skimming the discs, i just can not believe the oil filter, he must of done it up with his hands, it was way too loose :surrender:

How many people would have noticed that before the car blew up?

I'd certainly be asking them to explain themselves. Might also be worth reporting it to Nissan GB if their answer isn't satisfactory as I'm sure leaving an oil filter loose isn't to Nissans standards.

They read the forum occasionally so they might see this. If that is the case then they should be making you satisfied as it could dent peoples confidence in them and make them think twice about using them in the future.

Right just got off the phone to them, spoke to the manager and I believe his name was mark. Basicaly they have admitted it is there doing, as like i said they have been the only ones to touch the oil filter, and its since then i spotted the leak and it being loose.( Too :rant::angry: loose)

After talking for several minutes, he told me he is concerned about the oil filter, as this may be faulty, referring to thesealing point's, e.t.c. He was saying he is truly sorry about the whole ordeal, as i am based in essex and slough is no short drive. I said to him i was going there with confidence and from the good rep of what was on this site, cutting a long story short .............................. the following...................

Right,

I have been offered a free oil filter and oil change, at my convinence and also £50 worth of fuel to cover my costs, as its no short trip up the road

A fair and honest result in my eyes :thumbs: , and i am very greatfull of there kindness and how they didnt fob me off which i was half expecting tbh !

What you all think i should do ? ? ?

Yeah i think i will, they have been more than fair, now just got to bloody find time to get my ass up there, lol !!!!!!!, anyone near there ??? Chris I, would like to check ya car pc out, while im bored waiting, lol !!!!!!

When are you planning on making the trip up mate? Start of next week, I'd be more than happy to come and let ya see the CarPC around lunch time. End of next week I'm working from home, then off on hols for a couple of weeks so wouldnt be able to do it later than Mon-Weds :thumbs:

Glad its all getting sorted. I'd take it there for sure just to make sure there isnt any damage to the seal etc. As I said before, Mark is on here lurking from time to time so they do take it seriously.