GT5 prologue and game help

Zedrush

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just see you now with your headset on playing games, what a funny look that is!!!!!

Its still hard to tell to be honest as there is no clear winner yet of HD DVD or Blueray, however i would personally get a PS3, i dont know why, i just would

Its still hard to tell to be honest as there is no clear winner yet of HD DVD or Blueray, however i would personally get a PS3, i dont know why, i just would

I think there is. Didnt Toshiba drop out of HD-DVD and MS have announced they will no long make the HD-DVD drive for the XB360. That sends a pretty clear signal to me ;)

I think there is. Didnt Toshiba drop out of HD-DVD and MS have announced they will no long make the HD-DVD drive for the XB360. That sends a pretty clear signal to me ;)

Really? where did you find that?

You're right on the HD DVD score, it's as dead as betamax. But I'm still not convinced that Blueray will really be the format to take over from standard DVD. They've been with us for a while and normally publishers would jump on the band wagon and start pushing the sales of the new format. However, when you see the ads on telly for new release movies, very few are advertised as being available on anything other than DVD. I guess only time wll tell.

On the PS3 front. I got myself one of the 60gb bad boys come through the post last Thursday :D And, yeah, I had to pay over the odds to get a brand new, fully warrantied one, but I wanted the backward compatability. I have to say, initial impressions are awe inspiring. Been playing Uncharted; Drakes Fortune, it's bloody great! and have yet to open my copy of Assassins Creed. That one will have to wait until I get home from Mehico, so it's back to Syphon Filter on the PSP and COD 4 on the laptop, oh and Oblivion!. Hey Zed, I'd be interested to know if you get a new one and how much you cough up for it.

You're right on the HD DVD score, it's as dead as betamax.

Not totally true. Betamax still lives on. In the industry it became more advanced to become Betacam, then Betacam SP and for the last 10 years DigiBeta. All a progression of the original Betamax. Tapes still look very similar.

Not totally true. Betamax still lives on. In the industry it became more advanced to become Betacam, then Betacam SP and for the last 10 years DigiBeta. All a progression of the original Betamax. Tapes still look very similar.

that may be so, I'm not up on the cam scene, but as a studio released video format, it's a gonner, but so is VHS for all that!

that may be so, I'm not up on the cam scene, but as a studio released video format, it's a gonner, but so is VHS for all that!

disagree 80% of studios / post production houses use Digibeta. It is the best quality unless you start going into the HiDef market. The big problem with this is costs go up considerably in all areas in the professional market. The camera scene is shifting more to HiDef as the demand for higher quality at cheaper prices compared to 35mm grows in the commercial and high end programme market. Once shot most of the material gets down resed to SD on Digibeta.

YOU JAMMY, JAMMY GIT!!! :rant::rant::cry:

how much did it set you back mate I thought I was getting conned by my own mate :blush:

Mate, I'm to embarassed and ashamed to say, but it was considerably more than you're paying. Good on you.

dude if you still got your reciept take it back and ill see if I can get you another at the price I pad, save you a bit if you want? :blush:

YOU JAMMY, JAMMY GIT!!! :rant::rant::cry:

how much did it set you back mate I thought I was getting conned by my own mate :blush:

Mate, I'm to embarassed and ashamed to say, but it was considerably more than you're paying. Good on you.

dude if you still got your reciept take it back and ill see if I can get you another at the price I pad, save you a bit if you want? :blush:

I appreciate that, but I'm off tomorrow and don't know how long I'll be gone for. To be honest, It's no biggy, I knew that I'd have to pay a little more for what I wanted, it just came as a real shock to see you'd got you're for that price. A couple of weeks ago, Simplygames.com were selling brand new units for £429, which is what they originally sold for, but by the time I'd processed my order they'd sold out. I can live with this, and thanks again. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to order a PS3 and GT Prologue.

I believe the 60GB units have been discontinued now. Only 40GB available with no backwards compatibility and I can change the drive. Doesn’t bother me. I only play two games. GT and GTA. New GTA out end of April so no need to play the old ones.

Now the reason for my post. As a diehard GT fan I’ve decided to replace my Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and peddles with a new one especially for GT5.

4734.jpg

Now I just have to get my act together and get a PS3, the game and time away from work to play it.

Cant wait.

Just ordered my PS3 and Prologue package. £325 incl shipping. Looks like I'll have the wheel and peddles before the game and console. :wacko:

Did you see it has a clutch peddle and a 6 speed gate shift?

Pointless when you've got the paddles on the steering wheel :teeth: