Exhaust upgrade

Paul K

So i've been considering an Exhaust upgrade for some time, especially as i think one of the flexys is packing up on my Y pipe..

So i had been considering the Invidia Gemini.....But!! as its approximately a grand for the cat back system, do I save the bit extra and go for the ARK Grip?

1st world dilemmas!!

clearance issues that you get with the ark

Wasn't aware of clearance issues with the Ark....anyone care to add?

Hmm, haven't had that myself. As you can see in my photo below, it does sit quite low, but the low part is directly at the axle - so it will raise up when your wheels go over a speed bump. I've never had that part scrape.

i5NsZ1z.jpg

Ark! No horrid rasp, was perfect fitment for me, never had clearance issues and sounds great whilst easy to daily when i had cats in. Decat'd now and I love it even more!e08cc8fe04d835e4c72c4ba550c90a68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by ASemper

Hmm, haven't had that myself. As you can see in my photo below, it does sit quite low, but the low part is directly at the axle - so it will raise up when your wheels go over a speed bump. I've never had that part scrape.

What about those stupid humps that don't go the full width of the road, I scrape on them now!!, so i've taken to not driving across them on the angles, but go over 2 humps so it raises the car up with the gap where the exhaust sits now......actually i'm pretty sure thats what messed my existing exhaust up......hmmph

What about those stupid humps that don't go the full width of the road, I scrape on them now!!, so i've taken to not driving across them on the angles, but go over 2 humps so it raises the car up with the gap where the exhaust sits now......actually i'm pretty sure thats what messed my existing exhaust up......hmmph

How lowered are you?

I am still stock height so probably not the best example but I can 'straddle' those speed bumps (basically drive over them) and I dont scrape

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm selling my Invidia Gemini cat back system if you're interested great condition, just need to polish the tips up a bit! £700 if paid for this week!

Will be shipped direct from Tuned UK when removed direct to your door or garage of choice!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We have 2 zeds, both with Ark systems, been on a couple of years now. No issues whatsoever. Both lowered on Teins.

Mine has standard cats which I'm very happy with. My son's is decatted and sounds superbly mental! Living out in the sticks here, you can hear him approaching miles away. Bloody brilliant exhaust!! :D

• Like 2

Both great exhausts. I had the Invidia and loved it. It had a nice deep tone with no rasp. It's probably down to personal preference to which you prefer the style of. The Arks cans probably look better, but I think the Invidia tips are nicer, especially since you can choose style.

I've an Ark on mine and I adore it! Looks epic and everyone always comments on how ace it sounds and looks. With regards to scraping etc i'm on standard HR suspension and have only had one or two small scrapes but nothing to worry about.

In fact i'd say get the other system, just so the Ark's stay more rare & unique! :lol:

Had the Ark on the 350, looked and sounded the part. Got the Invidia on the 70 and equally impressed. Cannot go wrong with either imo :)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk