Advice on new bumper...Aerokit any good?!

MrG13

Just looking to see if anyone has used any Aerokit parts for body work,

Still completing repairs and thinking of replacing my slightly damaged OEM front bumper with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-RACE-DRIFT-BODY-KIT-BODYKIT-FRONT-BUMPER-R2-/181644273242?

Seems pretty good rep and also has a 'Excellent fitment guarantee'

Has anyone used these kits before and know where to get it cheaper or any forums discounts as Ebay seems to be higher than the actual website RRP

Also if anyone has used them do they last (being fibre glass) and any advice would be great or an alternate option with better materials and not too much of a higher price would be even better ;)

Aerokit site linked below:

http://aerokit.eu/eng/product.php?product_id=252

Bit unsure as the pix on the Aerokit site show a flush bumper as the first pic (same as the Ebay site) but then the rest of the pix show some little spats on the sides....

#1stworldproblems eh! s-l500.jpg

"Minimal air resistance and maximum downforce, shave seconds of lap times"

I just dont think I could bring myself to buy anything from a firm who puts up such utter bullsh*t.

I couldnt find anything about excellent fitment guarantee, but if thats what it says it should at least give you some come back, just read the small print, I am pretty sure there will be some disclaimer in there regarding work necessary to make fit.

• Like 2

Had to return some side skirts I bought from them as they were too poor to fit. There is a guarantee but the strict terms means you've pretty much got to turn it down on delivery - I lost a proportion of what I paid as a restocking fee. Luckily I bought through Chris at Tarmac who sorted me out with a deal.

In summary I'd recommend against, but if you had to then purchase through Tarmac.

• Like 1

I'm having the Spec R1 front bumper fitted at the moment. When I hear from the bodyshop I'll update you on fitment etc. When I dropped it off they pointed out a few fitment issues around the light and a small crack but also said it was one of the better ones they've had. Got mine from Tarmac

• Like 1

I have an Aerokit Rear bumper figment was reasonably good, the body shop did need to do a little work to it to get it to sit right with no gaps and to accommodate my massive single exit.

When it turned up my expectations weren't really met, as it didn't have any fixings/ fittings attached to it. It's definitely a body shop job.

I'll see if I have any photos around from when it landed, don't remember taking any but I'll have a look

• Like 1

I am not looking to 'shave seconds off my laptime' haha! Just simply like the look so that isnt an issue, everyone needs to appeal to the many in this day and age eh!

I did message them on ebay and they advised no fitments or pre-drilled holes and for the price you can't really complain I suppose, I'll have a look on tarmac and see if they have anything worth investing it, don't want a huge installtion bill and also havent used fibre glass in years so will be a learning curve DIY'ing it.

Does anyone know if you need to reinstall the light washers or will it pass the mot without then?

I am looking on the tarmac sportz website but can't seem to find any of the aerokit stuff, anyone got a contact I can get in touch with or a link to help me out? Only front bumper is one for around 2,500 which I am not looking to budget for in all honesty ;)

The washers is an interesting one, if they're there they need to work. But if they're not there it should be fine...I think.

Got to love British mentality, if its not there then no worries but if it is there then it better work or you shall get caned like a 1960's school boy :lol: :lol:

Edited by MrG13
  • Like 1

Listen guys, all grp panels need work, period. Some are better than others granted but don't expect to buy something and fit it straight on. if you bare that in mind and you cannot do the work your self then factor in the buggeration factor for a body shop to do it

• Like 1

I bought the SPEC R-2 from Tarmac. Fitment -excellent, bolted straight on. HOWEVER - I've removed it and will be selling it as damaged on here soon as it is NOT speed-bump friendly, especially in Chesterfield. Gone back to standard now.

Are u lowered or running stock suspension? I have already got mine on order so should be arriving within a week or two :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I WAS lowered 30mm - raised the car back to stock as it was terrible on uneven ground and speedbumps, but it didn't help much...

Just seen ur post now, has got a few bumps on her mind but for £100 i may have had it off u if my one wasnt already winging its way to me! U got any photos of it fitted to your Z so i can have a look at the fitment please fella?

The washers is an interesting one, if they're there they need to work. But if they're not there it should be fine...I think.

Exactly correct - my Spec R-2 went thru an MOT no problems.

Any photos then andy?

Any photos then andy?

Yeah...here's a before and after, back to OEM now...

IMG-20170515-WA0002.jpg

20170506_122619.jpg

20170506_122614.jpg

Edited by Andymac183
  • Like 1

Any photos then andy?

Yeah...here's a before and after, back to OEM now...

IMG-20170515-WA0002.jpg

20170506_122619.jpg

20170506_122614.jpg

Yours seems to have the spats on the sides which I've been told the one U am getting doesn't have that, did u add those or is it how it came? Maybe they have changed the model slightly!

I think it does look really good on your black Z though to be honest 😊😊 pity its just too darn low eh!

• Like 2

It came with trhe canards on it already - the one I picked from the website didn't! So yeah I think they altered it slightly...no drama as I kinda like them anyway. Car got even MORE looks when I ran this bumper :D :D :D

I prefer it with them on tbh, the photos on the site i posted first is confusin but some pix have then and the 2 holes on the side are more angular then the second version is smoother with no spats/canards, Chris said its the one without the spats they do now so i guess ill have to wait and see eh!

I think the front end is the least aggressive lookin part of the car so hopin this will beef it up a bit then want to get the roof and bonnet wrapped in gloss black to bring it all together...possibly some eyelids then!