as good as my Griffith???

sprevett

at long last, having bought it ages ago from the dealer, I have picked up my '54 Coupe and had my first proper drive from Leicester to Manchester. :yahoo: and.......

chuffed to bits. My first impressions are good to say the least. And it has some fairly tough competition in my little stable, including a fully sorted TVR Griffith which is the 'tightest' car I've ever driven in terms of handling, steering precision, and grunt. Given that the Z has been designed for broader appeal and for more general road use I have to say it's goddam close in terms of driver appeal, and overall 'tightness' - not a common motoring term but I think you guys will get what I mean.

So, I'd have to agree that the 350Z is possibly every bit as good as everyone says it is. I was trying to find faults, things that could be improved, but struggled! (ok maybe a bit more noise...cue Nismo)

One small thing....the clutch seems a bit jittery and even juddery pulling away in first...is that common? or is my clutch bu**ered! :blush:

One small thing....the clutch seems a bit jittery and even juddery pulling away in first...is that common? or is my clutch bu**ered! :blush:

common trait on the Zed, I dont think you have anything to worry about ,

also they have a very noisy clutch release bearing again nothing to worry about :)

yes got it from Sturgess - would be good to know who its first owner was if anyone knows the car? (Gunmetal/Alezan '54 GT with reg ending WYY)

Yes TVR different beast really, and some need more TLC than others B) , but I have to say that the zed is very close in terms of feel although the Griffith is a bit more brutal :scare:

Good to hear and welcome to the site. A relative has a very sorted Griffith 500 (TVR Car club mag cover car etc.) and know what you mean about the feel. As has been said, the clutch judder is nothing to worry about too much. :)

I had a Chimera before my 350z (M3 in between), as much as i love the Zed it doesnt come close to the TVR on raw driving. But is miles ahead on build quality and running costs so i guess the pro's and cons roughly balance

Speed six engine which is used in the Tuscan,T350 and Sagaris has an average life of around 30k miles and needs a full rebuild at that point at around £7k dependig on who dose it but would only really trust TVR Power.

+1 on evidence from a T350.... :dry:

I looked at a few Tuscans however I was working away so it wouldn't have been used much at all. Really nice though. I'm really lusting after the Sagaris just now!

My fav, and selling for 35k too B) How reliable though?

+1 The Sagaris is an awesome looking car. An engine rebuild every 30k doesn't sound good though :headhurt: