Recommended products for a wrapped zed

Chris141084

Gloss or matt wrap?

For gloss, just wash with regular shampoo and/or snow foam and then top up with the wax product of your choice. I use either DJSN or Envy FA on mine, depending on mood (usually FA though, too easy and gives awesome beadingness). Best thing to do would be to pop a ceramic coating on it before it gets too covered in swirls. I use Envy Revolution for my wheels, but clearly you don't want to be getting any of it on the wrap for a long period of time so just be careful where you spray it.

And be very careful when using a jetter on it, as you don't want to start pulling the wrap off by getting too close/using too powerful a spray.

But in general, just wash and protect as normal. Just avoid any abrasives (so polishes) or strong chemicals (fallout remover).

Thanks Ekona, it's hexis UK glitter Orange, so more gloss than matt (crazy shiny in the sun) I haven't cleaned it yet since picking it up as rsv advised me to let it go off for a few days before washing it.

A ceramic coating sounds good, I'll have a look into them and get some. I'm guessing there is no need to use a clay bar on a wrap? used to use it on my paint work.

You can use a clay bar, but you need A LOT of lube because otherwise it can mark the wrap and that's one mark you may not be able to remove ever. No reason not to though, I've clayed mine once with the AS clay cloth and it worked a treat.

You need to know what you're doing with the ceramic stuff, as it's easy to get it wrong and wreck everything. On paint you can at least polish it off and try again, with wraps you're a bit knackered if you get it wrong. Needs to be done indoors and on a cool-ish (i.e. not freezing but not like an oven) day. Probably best left to the pros if you're not confident, I've done a couple now on paint and it's been fine but I have been nearly caught out a couple of times, and there was a panic to correct in time! :lol:

Mine's fully wrapped and I wash it like normal, but being extra careful with the jet wash. Snow foam, wash then dry with a microfiber towel. After a bit of reading on Detailing World I clayed mine using Demon Shine as lube and it worked a treat.

You can use a clay bar, but you need A LOT of lube because otherwise it can mark the wrap and that's one mark you may not be able to remove ever. No reason not to though, I've clayed mine once with the AS clay cloth and it worked a treat.

You need to know what you're doing with the ceramic stuff, as it's easy to get it wrong and wreck everything. On paint you can at least polish it off and try again, with wraps you're a bit knackered if you get it wrong. Needs to be done indoors and on a cool-ish (i.e. not freezing but not like an oven) day. Probably best left to the pros if you're not confident, I've done a couple now on paint and it's been fine but I have been nearly caught out a couple of times, and there was a panic to correct in time! :lol:

tumblr_njbf42gGlW1qconfvo1_400.gif

Matte wraps must nevereverecerever be cleaned with anything abrasive or anything with glossifiers in it.

Swissvax, Nanolex and based on above Chem guys do matte friendly products.

Our Diamas Professionali ceramic coating is also matte friendly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I can't really add anything that hasn't been said already. However one product I've found works really well for me/my wrap (gloss finish + ceramic coated) is Project 32 from Autobrite Direct.

It's essentially a sealant and gloss enhancer. Basically use it like a quick detailer spray after wash and drying the car and it gives a fantastic shine. It also strangely makes the wrap feel ultra smooth (like freshly Clayed paint).

Oh and it smells like oranges so should please Dan and Chris :lol:

4558FEF6-9F09-4C1F-AEA4-972C46369AC9_zps5wbmypwk.jpg

Would it be too much to have a have that smells like it looks though?! :lol:

Imagine what odour you'd need if your car was brown though...

Marmite? :teeth:

Might have to get some of that, an orange car that smells of oranges sounds ace.

Ian, auto finesse do a chocolate scented car shampoo 👠better chocolate than either marmite or bovril!!

Edited by Chris141084

Do we think Meguires carnauba liquid wax will be OK to use on my wrap? I have some already and want to wax the car before going to the coast tomorrow afternoon

Edited by Chris141084