In-built Microphone

Toon Chris

I`ve mentioned this in an old post but I think it may need a new one in order to attract some attention :winkiss:

I think my phone microphone is dicky and want to swap it out as a test. I can't see any obvious way of removing the central console in the roof and don't really want to get the screwdriver to it in an experimental and probably damaging poking session.

Anyone dismatled this unit before that can give some pointers as to where to apply pressure to remove it? (where are the darn screws!)

Cheers :)

The phone system can't hear me very well, it can't decipher what I am saying unless I shout loudly - even parked up with the engine off. It can't differentiate between phone book entries. People I can report that they can barely hear me unless I put my head right by the microphone and shout - not easy to do when driving...!

The phone system can't hear me very well, it can't decipher what I am saying unless I shout loudly - even parked up with the engine off. It can't differentiate between phone book entries. People I can report that they can barely hear me unless I put my head right by the microphone and shout - not easy to do when driving...!

a lot of people have moved the oojar under the mirror towards the passenger side which does improve matters, it may not be the microphone but more the reception :thumbs:

a lot of people have moved the oojar under the mirror towards the passenger side which does improve matters, it may not be the microphone but more the reception :thumbs:

Moved the what???? :wacko:

Moved the what???? :wacko:

aerial :lol: i thought oojar might be a bit too hi tech :blush::lol:

a lot people i've read about move it as far as the wire allows along the windscreen towards the passenger side and they report it improves the reception :thumbs:

Guessed that. I just never heard that word before. :lol:

I do remember reading something about that before. Improving signal or audio quality or something.

its widely used by nissan mate, "your oojar's knackered - £300 plus fitting which will obviously require a thingy majig - £175 plus fitting - we'll need it for a month " :lol:

Sorry, I can't see how it can be the reception. I have the problem when talking to Lady Pardon, never mind getting as far as the call itsself. Nope, the phone and aerial reception aren't the issue.

No ideas for opening up the mike area that don't involve trial and error or brute force?

:

I do remember reading something about that before. Improving signal or audio quality or something.

that was moving the aerial, the bit in front of the rear view mirror, the days before bluetooth. Won't help in this case.

no mate its the fact the they are so close together that they interfere with each other (ooh missus) , this is the theory and people claim it improves matters by moving the aerial

i was going to do mine as its totally pardon but i'm getting new windscreen soon so i'll do it then, i can only tell you what i've read

:

that was moving the aerial, the bit in front of the rear view mirror, the days before bluetooth. Won't help in this case.

thats it mike :thumbs: but mine has that and bluetooth ?

Oh well, thanks all for the advice.

:)

I think I`ll break the microphone out and use a clipped version on the sun visor. That may improve matters - we will see.

Still no clue as to how to dissasemble the unit so I guess its just me and the screwdriver and I hope I don't get blood on the roofing.

sorry your right GC. I'd mis-understood all the links as it wasn't specific to the headlining but understand now that it is and JEBUS what a fecking big job it is although still can't quite understand why it lists some of the things needed to be removed. eg Kicking plate inner

:scare:

sorry your right GC. I'd mis-understood all the links as it wasn't specific to the headlining but understand now that it is and JEBUS what a fecking big job it is although still can't quite understand why it lists some of the things needed to be removed. eg Kicking plate inner

:scare:

Usually its because they all overlap, so you have to go right back to the first piece that doesnt overlap anything :scare:

Taking the rear apart to sound deaden it was an interesting adventure for me!

I had a new roof skin put on mine, so have obviously had the lining out. The microphone should not be removed from the headlining, it comes from Nissan as one piece (cr*ap i know). Will set you back about £350.:scare:

I tried to seperate the two and ended up wrecking the microphone piece. having to bodge it back together now as i refuse to buy a new roof lining!