Opinions needed please

Jay84

Hi all, I need to opinions.

Today my front reflectors were replaced courtesy of zippypoos and they look awesome, great quality work, that I will put some pics on his sales thread once the sun has hidden and I can safely wash my black car.

The bit i need opinions on is my rear lower light units. Im going stealthy and thought I'd tint them black. I went for a dark smoke, but cant help feel they should look a little more subtle and a medium smoke would have been better. 20170422_132141.jpg

20170422_132125.jpg

Now I know a 3.5ltr v6 on racing cats is never going to be subtle lol :lol: but opinions welcome.

Oh and a sneak peak at the refelctors before bath time...20170422_132247.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like clear reflector replacements, always reminds me of the ds3. Not a bad car, but not my thang. They look better outside as they have a graphite sheen that goes perfectly with my wheels.

Interestingly now I've washed and polished the rear lower cluster has grown on me. Going to live with it bit, but for a fiver for a metre, I'm not worried about changing it in the future.

I put a Flyeye kit on mine so gave a smoked effect, really easy to fit took about 5 mins per side to cut to shape, stick on and tuck in.

BumperTuck.jpg

I put a Flyeye kit on mine so gave a smoked effect, really easy to fit took about 5 mins per side to cut to shape, stick on and tuck in.

BumperTuck.jpg

We supply that, although its actually called Contravision...Flyeye sounds cooler and more down with the kids though!...a bit like me i suppose!
  • Like 1

My first car was a pearl black Renault Clio.

I got a tin of dark smoke and gave the rear lights a few good coats and they were pretty much the same colour as the car then. And it looked really good.

Don't know how I didn't get pulled though.

I should have tinted the windows too.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Got some of the light smoke and mid smoke. The light was not dark enough so here is the medium:

https://ibb.co/eNTmo5

https://ibb.co/f9XqFk

Should also add, if you plan on doing headlights and rear lights you will need 4 100x30 cm sheets.

That looks nice...what did you use and from where...just so people know.

Thanks.

I used the stuff mentioned earlier in the thread, think you linked Jay to it ?

this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Easy to use, cuts great with a guillotine to get the size in the right ballpark, then just trim with a new single sided blade :)

Think I will use the light smoke to do the rear window, should be spot on for a Roadster porthole :)

Edited by Willsy1980
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok rather than start a new topic, I'm adding further q's to this one. I bought the car complete with bird sh*t burn to the bonnet and the roof. As you know its a black car. Been quoted a few hundred to respray the whole bonnet. Now I have to get my rear spoiler sprayed anyway so might see if a deal can be done. However, I'm also considering getting the bonnet and roof wrapped. In my head a black car will only look any good with carbon look panels, otherwise it'll look like I raided a scrap yard and took the first bits i could find. I've seen silver zeds with carbon bonnets and I like it. I'm also thinking it might work well and tie in my wrapped reflectors as they look a similar colour when the light shines on them.

20170422_164621.jpg

Edited by Jay84