Labour cost for replacement 350z clutch + flywheel?

smijay

Hi all,

Can anyone reccomend a garage in the north west who wont rip me off for a clutch + flywheel replacement (labour only) on my 350?

I wont name any names but I recently got a quote from a garage I have used before who are fairly local to me and was quoted £570... Seems very steep to me!

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated!

Jay

Should be around 5 hours labour I believe, so 5 x hourly rate + VAT. The price quoted may be their hourly rate, but worth checking. I was quoted £300 labour by 2 very well known and trustworthy garages recently.

Hi all,

Can anyone reccomend a garage in the north west who wont rip me off for a clutch + flywheel replacement (labour only) on my 350?

I wont name any names but I recently got a quote from a garage I have used before who are fairly local to me and was quoted £570... Seems very steep to me!

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated!

Jay

That is steep. Even at 5 hours that puts it in excess of £100/hour, which is getting close to some main dealer rates. My guess is they didn't want to do it and rather than say that they tried to price you out of it.

• Like 1

Yeah my first thought was that they probably just cant be arsed doing it... but the garage in question are supposedly a 'reputable' and well reccomended garage on these forums!

I dont mind paying to have a professional job done I just refuse to be ripped off and charged double :)

My technicians assure me that when mine goes it'll be easy to do. I tend to not do clutches here as i only have 3 ramps and it kills my trade.

My labour calculator has it at 303 excluding parts using my reg as the basis

Edited by Jay84