what colour for my nismo's???

S1 HNK

hi guys,

just so you can picture it, ive got a kuro black Z, 19" nismos, tein springs, soon to have nismo sides.

one of the wheels has been badly pitted, and when i took it to a wheel refubers they said that once the laquer has been chipped theres nothing you can do. so ive decided to have them painted...this is where you come in!!

my options are:

paint the whole wheels bright silver / anthracite / black.

have the lip in a bright silver and then have the centres in anthracite or black.

i really cant decide what to do, if anyone has any advice or pics of someone that has done any of the above then please let me know.

cheers,

i k now i know...im with you on the all black wheels on a black car...i think thats too much. was just hoping someone would have painted the centres on a set of nismos to see how they would look.

i keep going to the refurbishing place and just staring at the display wheels in hope that i will have a flash of inspiration....but no!

haha fair point.

i like the look of a polished rim but cant be bothered with the hassle so do you guys reckon it would look ok to paint the rim in a high power silver and then do the centres in either black or anthracite?

the car will be going in this week and im no closer to figuring out what to do!!!

has anyone here had a nismo wheel refurbed? im thinking maybe just get this wheel done and leave them standard for the moment...prefer to spend the money on nismo skirts and veilside lip.

the place i went showed me a polished lip and it was proper mirror shiny whereas the nismos are a sort of duller finish and i cant have mismatched wheels!! :thumbdown:

has anyone here had a nismo wheel refurbed? im thinking maybe just get this wheel done and leave them standard for the moment...prefer to spend the money on nismo skirts and veilside lip.

the place i went showed me a polished lip and it was proper mirror shiny whereas the nismos are a sort of duller finish and i cant have mismatched wheels!! :thumbdown:

The polished section of the rim is classed as diamond cut just ask around the wheel refurb companies if they can provide that finish, most do.

thanks phil (the font of all Z knowledge):lol:

heres a few more questions for you...what can i do to protect my wheels from future corrosion. it seems weird that only one wheel has got battered, the others are mint. i clean them fairly often but have never waxed them etc...

any tips?

heres a few more questions for you...what can i do to protect my wheels from future corrosion. it seems weird that only one wheel has got battered, the others are mint. i clean them fairly often but have never waxed them etc...

any tips?

I use this:

http://www.polish-it.uk.com/online_shop ... ealant.htm

:thumbs:

thanks mate, looks good stuff, just ordered a pot!

have you used that place for detailing...doesnt mention where they are based and id been keen to get the car done. based in cheshire.

is your z the yellow gt4 with meister rims?

any tips?

regular waxing and generally avoid wheel cleaning products, most are acid based and will penetrate the chipped laquer surface and sped up corrosion.

The product Sarnie has mentioned is also very good.

have you used that place for detailing...doesnt mention where they are based and id been keen to get the car done. based in cheshire.

I did have a UY GT4 but it had Volk rims on it. :)

just one more question phil then i'll leave you be...do you have the nismo wheel stickers in stock. im after a set with black writing and a set with white writing.

how much are these?

cheers,

Yes we do any colour you want £4 set

Kev had an UY with meisters on it.