!"£$%^& high wind

neo

what would you guys do if you were in my shoes so to speak???

Did you say your excess was £350? If thats right, then I think its a tough call to claim on insurance for just £100. I guess you could get the £835 wok done though if you did. Have you asked your insurance broker how much this claim will affect next years premium? I know your NCB is protected but it will probably still go up a bit if you claim.

OR

Throw a few more bricks off your roof and get the rest of the car sprayed while you're at it to make it worthwhile ;)

think i'll leave the bricks where they are :blush:

yeah me excess is £350.

just thought even if i did go for the repair myself, wouldn't the claim still be on the insurance database even if i didn't use them so i'd still get stung next renewal time :wacko:

yeah me excess is £350.

just thought even if i did go for the repair myself, wouldn't the claim still be on the insurance database even if i didn't use them so i'd still get stung next renewal time :wacko:

i wouldn't have thought so mate as you aren't actually claiming if you sort it yourself

yeah me excess is £350.

i wouldn't have thought so mate as you aren't actually claiming if you sort it yourself

It won't be registered unless you take their money.

finally got a phone call back from my house insurance............can't claim off them, it just covers the house,contents and nothing else

this can't be right.. if your chimney fell off and hit someone are you saying you wouldn't be insured?!

yeah me excess is £350.

Unfortunately wrong. When I was burgled and they stole my car I waited before a couple of weeks before telling them to proceed with the claim. The car was found (minus wheels) and nothing went any further. And it is very much registered as proven by me having to argue it everytime I speak to them.... :dry:

yeah me excess is £350.

Unfortunately wrong. When I was burgled and they stole my car I waited before a couple of weeks before telling them to proceed with the claim. The car was found (minus wheels) and nothing went any further. And it is very much registered as proven by me having to argue it everytime I speak to them.... :dry:

i would think "stolen recovered " is slightly different to this ?? maybe ? different underwriters different rules :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

just got it back, done a cracking job :teeth:

there's a tiny little imperfection on the lower part of the bumper,beneath the black grill but nothing to shout about, only see it when you really really look for it, you'll not see it when it's full of stone chips again :blush:

glad it's back after the 'courtesy car'..................a daewoo tucuma, don't wanna post pictures of it i'm so ashamed :lol:

gixxeruk, exactly what i was thinking :)

needs a good clean to get rid of the white powdery stuff they used tho, how long before i can give it a good polish (forgot to ask them) ??