!"£$%^& high wind

neo

been awake most of the night due to the high winds, a neighbour knocked on my front door about 5.30am to say part of the chimney stack as been blown down onto me Z :surrender::surrender:

!"£$%^ quickly got fully dressed and dashed outside to see me bonnet with several piece's of mortar laying on it !"£$%^ , luckily i think the biggest bits of brick have just scuffled me bumper :wacko:

hopefully it's just a resprayed bonnet n bumper will know more in the daylight.

seeing as it's part of my own chimney stack that as come down, do i claim off me home insurance, car insurance or both, never had anything like this happen b4 :blush:

suppose it will get rid of me stone chips n scratched bonnet thats been on for about 3 years :blush:

:scare:

Sorry to hear that mate! We were awake most of the night too, and Amanda scarily said if my car got damaged which insurance would you claim off if a roof tile fell on it!

I said as the damage was dont to the car, you'd claim off the car insurance and I think they would somehow counter claim against the house insurance. Just like if a car hit you, you claim through your insurance and they chase the other party on your behalf.

Best of luck with getting it sorted, thats gutting to hear.

thx guys :)

yeah it could have been a lot worse like you say, cars can be repaired easily :)

had another look this morning there's a dent about 4" long in the middle of the bonnet and couple of other small but slightly deeper dents in other places of the bonnet :wacko:

(will take some piccies when me camera's charged up)

would it be a new bonnet or can they repair the dents in the aluminium bonnet ???

:headhurt: I bet the earthquake loosened itup and the high winds finished the job :surrender:

Make it a positive and get your stone chipped front end resprayed at the same time :thumbs:

that's my thinking as well m8 about the earthquake :headhurt:

yeah at least it will get rid of the stonechips as the bumper needs doing as well :)

Might, ahem, want to, ahem scuff the wheels, and claim on your house insurance that the nasty chimney stack ruined all these bits of your car.... :teeth:

I would say new bonnet. A repair on a flat surface like the bonnet will have to be amazing for it not to be seen at some angles. :)

Might, ahem, want to, ahem scuff the wheels, and claim on your house insurance that the nasty chimney stack ruined all these bits of your car.... :teeth:

I would say new bonnet. A repair on a flat surface like the bonnet will have to be amazing for it not to be seen at some angles. :)

+1 - I'd go with that. Even if they try and repair it you could technically say that its not up to par and get a new bonnet. If they go to Nissan for pricing, you may be able to get yourself a carbon bonnet with the payout knowing Nissans pricing :teeth:

+1 - I'd go with that. Even if they try and repair it you could technically say that its not up to par and get a new bonnet. If they go to Nissan for pricing, you may be able to get yourself a carbon bonnet with the payout knowing Nissans pricing :teeth:

Sorry, should've said from the beginning sorry to hear it, and at least it was the car and not you or anyone else! :scare:

Sorry to hear your bad news.

Agree with what has already been said in that you need to push for a new bonnet.

When it comes to claiming, I would go with the policy that is least likely to be affected by making a claim.

Like your neighbours insurance! :lol:

:headhurt: I bet the earthquake loosened itup and the high winds finished the job :surrender:

Make it a positive and get your stone chipped front end resprayed at the same time :thumbs:

Sorry to hear this Neo :scare: Like Tim say's make it a positive. ;):thumbs:

bad news :(

finally got a phone call back from my house insurance............can't claim off them, it just covers the house,contents and nothing else :(

so car insurance it is then, £350 excess, just filled in a online form, gotta wait now.

they wanted to use their approved repairer, not mentioning companies, i said no way as they have done some shite jobs on other peoples cars i've seen, even tried to write off me dads car coz they said it was too costly to repair, it is a old car yes but it only cost £80 for a new headlight and indicator lense from a different garage :headhurt:

just gotta get 2 quotes and hopefully i can use a repairer near me which do a excellent job :)

how much would a new bonnet (standard) cost ?????

Silly point maybe, but wouldn't it have been cheaper to source a bonnet from somewhere (scrappies?) and get both that and your bumper resprayed, rather than pay the excess and lose your NCB (unless it's guaranteed)?

my NCD is protected as long as i don't make more than 2 claims within 3years.

when some scumbag scratched my bonnet about 3 years ago, i never got it done and even then they quoted around £250 to do the full bonnet and just to blow in the wings n bumper so in theory it should cost a lot more now it all needs doing.

just gotta play the insurance waiting game :)

As far as I'm aware it's entirely your choice as to who you want to carry out accident and repair work if you're claiming off your insurance. Least that's what I was told by a local bodyshop who does alot of insurance work.

got me first quote :)

new bonnet, resprayed of course, full resprayed bumper and blended into the wings.

£835 all in :wacko:

the bonnet alone is £430 :headhurt:

he did say the bonnet could be repaired which would bring the cost down a lot and if i didn't go through the insurance it would be around £450 all in.

what would you guys do if you were in my shoes so to speak???