Nismo 350z?

blitz01

Was there ever an official Nismo 350z UK Car? I mean the one which came with the Nismo LMGT4 alloy wheels as factory and subtle front splitter, side skirts and rear mid level spoiler? There dont seem to be any for sale. Were the ones which are about just aftermarket nismo kits fitted or did they actually supply Nismo factory kitted ones in the UK?

were there any significant differences such as nismo sill plates or a plaque?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered exactly what you mentioned above in August 2005!

They were factory fit options.

I think I paid an extra £2-3k for the factory fit Nismo Aero kit which comprised of Nismo front bumper, skirts, rear spoiler and rear slats.

The 19' Nismo LMGT4s were an extra £3.5k and would come INSTEAD OF the standard Touring 18s.

These I ordered separately later from a trader who at the time had sold them to me for £1200 without tyres...... Greatest bargain I ever saw meaning I had a spare OEM set too at half the price the dealer wanted.

The original invoice for such a Zed will indicate factory fit Nismo Aero kit :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks, is there any other way to tell if its from factory as some dont have original sales invoices and as you know a lot of owners ended up purchasing the kits and fitting them aftermarket. Im guessing best to contact Nissan UK to confirm? not sure how helpful they will be.

If it was solely for insurance purposes, I'd say that as long as it has a Nismo bodykit and not a different style, and genuine LMGTs instead of Rotas you could tick the box "factory fitted bodykit" with "factory option 19 inch Nismo wheels"

Ok - no problem thought it would impact the value if it has the factory nismo kit option ticked and the LMGT4's fitted. I was offered able to buy one in a dark deep blue with around 45000/46000 miles with white interior (i think). I was told it had a Nismo kit and LMGT4's fitted. I was offered it for £12000 - not much to compare it against but seemed a bit on the high side considering its not a 'nismo edition' just a normal Z with a kit fitted from factory.

The Nismo 350Z S-Tune GT was brought out in 2005 to celebrate Nissan Motorsports International's (Nismo) win in the 2004 GT500 Championship. Nissan were really coy about the cost but customers were willing to pay 6,825,000 yen (approx £34,130) and this in 2005.. They are rare as hens teeth as each car was hand built with a few really trick parts with 20 being built per month. Production ceased in August 2005 with only 54 cars being built. So, loads of badged Nismo's with the LMGT4's and bodykits along with S-Tune exhausts, but real Nismo 350z S-Tune GT's with the S-Tune GT badge. not so many. As far as I know the S-Tunes were all white with a red and black stripe below the door windows which then broke up into a random chequered pattern.

• Like 1

If it was solely for insurance purposes, I'd say that as long as it has a Nismo bodykit and not a different style, and genuine LMGTs instead of Rotas you could tick the box "factory fitted bodykit" with "factory option 19 inch Nismo wheels"

Would be nice to have the correct information. My good pal from work had his dad's Leon FR TDi which had a dealer fit BTCC aero kit aka K1 kit. Which when he had to claim after a bump caused no end of issues, as the family had been told it was factory fit option along with the Seat Sport bigger wheels.

Anything done after the car came off the production line is classed as a mod in the eyes of an insurance company. So optional extra body kits applied by dealers etc have to be disclosed unless the car was ordered as new with it fitted from factory.

whether or not they notice is a different story obviously.