What to stick my cut tyre with?

Flashback

Pic? I don't want to say anything either way until seeing the damage, as my first thought is replace as if it's big enough to be cosmetically noticeable, then there is very likely to have structural damage.

They're too important to risk. That said, I do have the perfect solution for you, just want to see a pic first :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pic? I don't want to say anything either way until seeing the damage, as my first thought is replace as if it's big enough to be cosmetically noticeable, then there is very likely to have structural damage.

They're too important to risk. That said, I do have the perfect solution for you, just want to see a pic first :)

Sorry for the delay thought I'd replied to this before. Will post a pic tomorrow when it's light again on what its looking like.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't drive on that, and have thrown tyres away with less damage. Think about the force you're putting on that area during cornering, and at what pressure. Plus what if you nick it again in the same spot?

You did the right thing by getting it checked out professionally, and of course they've seen it up close and have given their opinion, but for me that's just a little too much damage.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't drive on that, and have thrown tyres away with less damage. Think about the force you're putting on that area during cornering, and at what pressure. Plus what if you nick it again in the same spot?

You did the right thing by getting it checked out professionally, and of course they've seen it up close and have given their opinion, but for me that's just a little too much damage.

Hmm the guys at the tyre shop did it was just a nick and not anywhere near the coding and so hence we completely safe to drive on.

My next door neighbour is a service manager at a garage and said the same thing.

Do you really think it's that bad Dan?

It may well not be that bad, and the sidewall is pretty thick at that point, and like I say they are the the professionals who have seen it up close and I wouldn't blame you for one second taking their opinion over mine.

I stand by what I said though matey, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable driving on that. For general pootling I'm sure it is fine, but when putting real load on it and at the risk of catching it on the same spot again I'd replace it.

• Like 1