When you badly misjudge an overtake...

Ekona

I do the clapping thing too, got me in trouble once when I did it to a copper who pulled out on a roundabout in front of me without looking and then caught me in the rear view mirror giving him the full applause :lol:

• Like 1

Legend! Still, what can he do? There's no law against showing your disapproval to another driver in a non-threatening way, police or not, or has that changed since I left as well! :)

EDIT: Doh, just thought about it properly. If your car was moving and both hands off the wheel, he coulda got ya. Did he?

Edited by Aashenfox

Nah, he thought I was giving him the w*nker sign. Genuinely wasn't, I'm not that bloody stupid.

My only experience of a proper little Hitler in a police uniform. Every other one I've met has been polite but firm, this guy was just a total bellend.

I had a scary situation a few months ago. I was driving back home having been for a nice meal in a small country pub. Driving down a very long and straight country road with loads of visibility.

There was a one or two year old hyundai Ix35 or Santa Fe in front traveling about 35mph on an NSL road, so I indicate and speed up, almost behind him at this point and I pull out to pass him... Only he decides he doesn't want to be passed. And pulls into the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD and I slam my anchors on and hope I don't slide into the back of him. Luckily I never.

So I continue following him whilst he is still driving in the middle of the road and about a mile or two further he pulls into a gated field.

Absolute idiot should have just let me past.

Edited by Exec

I have to admit, I too agree with 'women rarely let you out of a side junction'. I really don't get it !!

In turn because I do, I often get strange looks !! lol

I rarely get wound up in my car, with one exception- Tailgaters - really make me mad, but even then I would not make hand signals, just slow a little- to speed limit !!

I do however get frustrated at the lack of use of indicators so trusting no-one, even if they do use them.

Back to my old point - I wish everyone re-sat their driving test every 10 years.

• Like 1

I think rather than a full resit you get scored every so many years and your score affects you insurance premium. Although I guess we can all drive properly when someone is sat next you giving you a score

Edited by Jay84

I think rather than a full resit you get scored every so many years and your score affects you insurance premium. Although I guess we can all drive properly when someone is sat next you giving you a score

You mean like a blackbox ;)