Tyre Road Noise

mbs

I have been reading recent posts about tyres which all seem to point to Michelin's being the best tyre, but in the 2016 Evo survey they came out worst for road noise etc. As my 370 is a weekend/holiday car it spends a lot of its time on motorways/ autobahns etc so road roar is a big factor for me, I currently have Bridgestones fitted REo50's.

Road noise wise is there a better tyre out there.

Edited by mbs

You can help the road noise if you fit a sheet of carpet underlay under the boot mat , also getting a quality mat rather than the thin factory one helps , finally a little sound deadening material in the spare wheel well helps as well

Mind you changing from Bridgestone potenzas to Goodyear Eagle F1's on my daily has made a big difference to the road noise something I didnt expect at all

Zeds are noisy things anyway, so any extra road noise would be minimal but yes, there will be an increase. Whether you'd notice it or not is another matter entirely, it's not like Bridgestone tyres are particularly quiet! Personally I wouldn't put up with tyre roar on a daily, but on a fun car I couldn't care less as I want the tyre performance, but each to their own.

As a general rule. Yokohama tyres are reasonably quiet over the range.

We've just swapped from Eagle F1s to RE070s on the Impreza, quite a noticeable improvement in road noise but then the Impreza has pretty much zero sound insulation anyway so you notice these things more.

I entirely agree Colin, but if I switched from the Bridgestones to Michelin's would I notice more road roar.

Noticed your avatar Have you tried, "Abbesse" from the Loire very drinkable.

Different surfaces/different tyres, so noise can be better/worse. The advice about the carpet/underlay will help

As for the wine in my avatar - the only thing that going for that was its name :lol::surrender: I have made a note about your recommendation though.....but trust it is a quiet and refined :D