JAE 2008

Chesterfield

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the show wasnt too bad as a whole ,

i think only half the clubs tuned up but the site was still a little crushed together.if all the clubs had turned up in the normal numbers then it would have been chaos. still ive got to look forward to touching up my frount spoiler but i wont get into that story now

but on the plus side it was scorching weather and lots of nice cars and girls still to admire. :thumbs:

the show wasnt too bad as a whole ,

i think only half the clubs tuned up but the site was still a little crushed together.if all the clubs had turned up in the normal numbers then it would have been chaos. still ive got to look forward to touching up my frount spoiler but i wont get into that story now

but on the plus side it was scorching weather and lots of nice cars and girls still to admire. :thumbs:

was it windy paul ;)

Tell them to go **** them selves.

No 350z-uk banners?

Will the '**REMOVED** site' allow links to this thread?

The 'offer' is to share their stand and hence make them look a more popular site.

Why say, 'let the past be the past' and then say, 'no 350z-uk banners'?

:dry:

I do love free speech :) thanks for your post.

You still have time to book your plot at JAE.

To be fair guys, I don't know the ins and outs either but smoky said before that it was a **REMOVED** committee decision. I guess the commitee has spoken.

I think Smoky has gone to some effort to try to 'unite' the clubs at enthusiastic owner level. As has Rob (H5) and I think (personally) it's very unfair to to be hostile to the people involved.

Just so you all know.

The only decision made was to lave this in my hands. As the **REMOVED** plot is payed for out of the clubs membership fees, it was down to me to keep our members happy.

The £2 charge was for car and tent space, and the no banner bit was also down to me. So you can rant at me for that, if you feel the need.

I didn't do this to get more cars, it's not the way I am. It was just an offer as the turnout for this is low on both sites and you didn't have a plot booked.

I have had some very good meets with Z owners on both sites. Brands was one and I hope we can have more.

I'm happy to answer any questions or just let it rest.

Smoky...

Ok, so why no www.350z-uk.com banners?

I understand the £2 charge to appease the fee paying members but no 350z-uk banners is purely to prevent an affiliation of the two sites.

The gripes between the sites are sooooooooooo old, but still perpetuated by some, and this is a perfect example imo. :blush:

This was down to me.

The gripes between the sites as you say are old and I hope we all can move on. But an affiliation of the two sites I can't see.

I'm happy to chat with you on this, PM me.

A typed word on a forum can be taken hard some times, sorry.

No 350z-uk banners?

The 'offer' is to share their stand and hence make them look a more popular site.

To be fair guys, I don't know the ins and outs either but smoky said before that it was a **REMOVED** committee decision. I guess the commitee has spoken.

I think Smoky has gone to some effort to try to 'unite' the clubs at enthusiastic owner level. As has Rob (H5) and I think (personally) it's very unfair to to be hostile to the people involved.

Just so you all know.

The only decision made was to lave this in my hands. As the **REMOVED** plot is payed for out of the clubs membership fees, it was down to me to keep our members happy.

The £2 charge was for car and tent space, and the no banner bit was also down to me. So you can rant at me for that, if you feel the need.

I didn't do this to get more cars, it's not the way I am. It was just an offer as the turnout for this is low on both sites and you didn't have a plot booked.

I have had some very good meets with Z owners on both sites. Brands was one and I hope we can have more.

Smoky...

I understand the £2 charge to appease the fee paying members but no 350z-uk banners is purely to prevent an affiliation of the two sites.

The gripes between the sites are sooooooooooo old, but still perpetuated by some, and this is a perfect example imo. :blush:

This was down to me.

The gripes between the sites as you say are old and I hope we all can move on. But an affiliation of the two sites I can't see.

I appreciate what your saying and recognize that you personally may not be responsible for the OC's opinions.

The only people who won't facilitate an affiliation between the sites are original people still who would rather ignore this site than utilize it.....

I tried harder than anyone to bring the sites together and it ended up with me getting banned. A true joint site event could bring over 100 zeds together B)

No 350z-uk banners?

Just so you all know.

Smoky...

This was down to me.

I appreciate what your saying and recognize that you personally may not be responsible for the OC's opinions.

The only people who won't facilitate an affiliation between the sites are original people still who would rather ignore this site than utilize it.....

I tried harder than anyone to bring the sites together and it ended up with me getting banned. A true joint site event could bring over 100 zeds together B)

Again. This was not down to the OC, it was down to me...

We would all like to see 100+ Zeds at a meet, I hope this will happen some day.

I'm only trying to help us all.

As to your ban, it all got well out of hand. I did invite you to Duxford.

Would like to chat to you, PM me.

can i ask without opening an old can of worms what the hell happend.... im personally a member on both sites and i can see the difference with my own eyes has to how they operate differently... so would some1 like to enlighten me on the subject please via pm or a lil story on the open forum?

-ho

I think you will know soon, but not from me... sorry...

Ive been busy of late and still up to my neck in work at the moment, but thought I'd post on this one..

There really is no point in going over this ground again.

There are lengthy posts on here from a long time ago detailing what happened, or at least from our perspective. I dont think this thread is the correct place to be having these conversations, as it detracts from the efforts people like Smoky have attempted to make.

It is great to see people on both forums making efforts to unite as many Z owners as possible in the spirit of enjoying the car/s.

If people want to chat about the historic events which resulted in two separate forums/clubs, then feel free to do so in person or PM - as Im sure neither site/club will benefit from having this ground raked over time and time again.

can i ask without opening an old can of worms what the hell happend.... im personally a member on both sites and i can see the difference with my own eyes has to how they operate differently... so would some1 like to enlighten me on the subject please via pm or a lil story on the open forum?

-ho

Does it really matter?, surely the objective should be to move forward, some things aren't worth knowing :thumbs: both sites are mainly populated by different people now anyway

i realise ho is just interested in knowing but i'm sure to bring this up again and again just perpetuates bad feeling

:surrender::thumbs:

This pic signifies what both sites are about, not personalities or any individuals politics.............the car B)

bodykit4zi6-2.jpg

Ive been busy of late and still up to my neck in work at the moment, but thought I'd post on this one..

There really is no point in going over this ground again.

There are lengthy posts on here from a long time ago detailing what happened, or at least from our perspective. I dont think this thread is the correct place to be having these conversations, as it detracts from the efforts people like Smoky have attempted to make.

It is great to see people on both forums making efforts to unite as many Z owners as possible in the spirit of enjoying the car/s.

If people want to chat about the historic events which resulted in two separate forums/clubs, then feel free to do so in person or PM - as Im sure neither site/club will benefit from having this ground raked over time and time again.

+1 :)