S2000s, any experts?

Ekona

My cousin had one of these and i drove it a couple of times. I think they are epic, a proper screaming engine with excellent handling. My only thoughts on the drive were that when push came to shove and you really grabbed it by the scruff of its neck, tended to be a bit sketchy/twitchy round corners which made me look like :scare: for a few seconds. But that was probably down to my not so great driving ability. :dry:

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

snip

My FN2 made 230lbft, and 200lbft from 3500 but that felt a bit quicker than my current 370z @ 304whp, must be because it's 200kg lighter , oh and the gearing was a lot shorter even with my longer FD. Is there a roots or twinscroll charger made by someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ello mate, sorry missed this question, yes, there is a roots type supercharger, made by stillen. Many people hate it because it doesn't make as much peak power as the centrifugal ones, and requires hood and strut brace modification to fit. However, it does have a very nice plot, lots of nice low end torque, even if it does lack a bit at the top end. I loved my Eaton roots 'charged cooper S, it was a madman from any revs, just put your foot on the floor and hold on for dear life!

Edited by Aashenfox

snip

My FN2 made 230lbft, and 200lbft from 3500 but that felt a bit quicker than my current 370z @ 304whp, must be because it's 200kg lighter , oh and the gearing was a lot shorter even with my longer FD. Is there a roots or twinscroll charger made by someone?

Ello mate, sorry missed this question, yes, there is a roots type supercharger, made by stillen. Many people hate it because it doesn't make as much peak power as the centrifugal ones, and requires hood and strut brace modification to fit. However, it does have a very nice plot, lots of nice low end torque, even if it does lack a bit at the top end. I loved my Eaton roots 'charged cooper S, it was a madman from any revs, just put your foot on the floor and hold on for dear life!

That's exactly the same as my FN2 CT Roots charger. It would probably max out at around 370-380bhp charge cooled with an optimum setup. But importing it from the US made it way more expensive than Rotrex Centrifugal. Plus with an average non charged cooled setup, it would tend to make not much more than 300bhp (my friend made 330) whereas the cheaper Rotrex would make nearer 400. Obviously BRexit has made all US manufactured products a lot of expensive and unappealing. Yet comparing the power delivery, on an NA 2.0ltr even at lesser psi and much less BHP, the roots makes power and torque way further down, like I said over 200lbft from 2000-3000rpm is possible. The Rotrex might only make 130-140lbft at the same point. A 60-70lbft difference in torque is hugely noticeable when the little engine only makes 140lbft peak at 7000rpm from the factory. The roots chargers simply pull very hard low down. However there' a limit to how much low down torque you're making, more so on FWD and RWD. Too much and you'll just spin up in the first 3 gears.

So on the 370z I'd say it already has a decent amount of low down torque, as you approach 400bhp NA on good road tyres I guess you're near or perhaps beyond the limits of traction in 2nd gear, certainly 1st. I'm not sure as mine only makes about 350bhp and I'm new to the scene so I know nothing of forced induction setups and any boost control options on the ECU. So in that way a centrifugal power delivery is probably better to make use of the power in lower gears unless you have a great boost by gear or TC system that can effectively control it without slowing the car down further. Yet in the higher gears, having the low/mid range torque is great. I saw a twin turbo 370z vs a bunch of cars and the pulling power was immense once it was rolling, on the K20 the roots charge made even more low torque than few turbo kits that would come on at around 5k onwards.

Anyway, I think a 370z with 500bhp roots charges for example would surely make too much low down torque to handle without boost limiting and ofc in the states many build their cars purely for highway racing like 80-200mph lol so it doesn't really matter. I love the idea or a twin turbo or Supercharged 370 @ around 500bhp but it would depend on how reliable the kits are and the engine. And even the centrifugal chargers add some power low end, maybe not enough to pull from 2000rpm but a big improvement over stock? The little bullet proof 2.0 4cyl K20 can handle 400bhp no problem on stock internals. I think the S2k has forged internals

snip

That's exactly the same as my FN2 CT Roots charger. It would probably max out at around 370-380bhp charge cooled with an optimum setup. But importing it from the US made it way more expensive than Rotrex Centrifugal. Plus with an average non charged cooled setup, it would tend to make not much more than 300bhp (my friend made 330) whereas the cheaper Rotrex would make nearer 400. Obviously BRexit has made all US manufactured products a lot of expensive and unappealing. Yet comparing the power delivery, on an NA 2.0ltr even at lesser psi and much less BHP, the roots makes power and torque way further down, like I said over 200lbft from 2000-3000rpm is possible. The Rotrex might only make 130-140lbft at the same point. A 60-70lbft difference in torque is hugely noticeable when the little engine only makes 140lbft peak at 7000rpm from the factory. The roots chargers simply pull very hard low down. However there' a limit to how much low down torque you're making, more so on FWD and RWD. Too much and you'll just spin up in the first 3 gears.

So on the 370z I'd say it already has a decent amount of low down torque, as you approach 400bhp NA on good road tyres I guess you're near or perhaps beyond the limits of traction in 2nd gear, certainly 1st. I'm not sure as mine only makes about 350bhp and I'm new to the scene so I know nothing of forced induction setups and any boost control options on the ECU. So in that way a centrifugal power delivery is probably better to make use of the power in lower gears unless you have a great boost by gear or TC system that can effectively control it without slowing the car down further. Yet in the higher gears, having the low/mid range torque is great. I saw a twin turbo 370z vs a bunch of cars and the pulling power was immense once it was rolling, on the K20 the roots charge made even more low torque than few turbo kits that would come on at around 5k onwards.

Anyway, I think a 370z with 500bhp roots charges for example would surely make too much low down torque to handle without boost limiting and ofc in the states many build their cars purely for highway racing like 80-200mph lol so it doesn't really matter. I love the idea or a twin turbo or Supercharged 370 @ around 500bhp but it would depend on how reliable the kits are and the engine. And even the centrifugal chargers add some power low end, maybe not enough to pull from 2000rpm but a big improvement over stock? The little bullet proof 2.0 4cyl K20 can handle 400bhp no problem on stock internals. I think the S2k has forged internals

My 370 at 475 bhp puts the power down a treat

With ecuteks epic tc playing it's part I suspect :)

That's great to hear as I plan on getting an ECUtek remap for that reason mainly but I need Z1 Intake and to swap my exhaust first. I was even considering an inlet like my friend was selling his motordyne rev2, apparently good for 10-15bhp. I'm at around 350bhp right now, I'd like to get 370. Can I ask how you're 475 bhp, some kinda FI surely! With the TC can you put your foot to the floor and it repeatedly cuts ignition until you're not spinning up up to speed ?

That's great to hear as I plan on getting an ECUtek remap for that reason mainly but I need Z1 Intake and to swap my exhaust first. I was even considering an inlet like my friend was selling his motordyne rev2, apparently good for 10-15bhp. I'm at around 350bhp right now, I'd like to get 370. Can I ask how you're 475 bhp, some kinda FI surely! With the TC can you put your foot to the floor and it repeatedly cuts ignition until you're not spinning up up to speed ?

Yes mate stillen supercharger

Ecutek traction is Awsome

It's adjustable via the cruise control and is loads slicker than stock you don't feel it cutting in like stock

So yeah pretty much you can nail it and go

Edited by nissanman312