Garage flooring advice

evilscorp

So my new garage is nearing completion but the concrete slab is quite rough and not great for cleaning so.... whats everyone's experience on resin flooring paint? looks like the prep is a bit of a pain; buff the concrete smoothish then clean and acid etch, before applying the two part resin and if your feeling fancy add some flakes in it to hide imperfections. cost £250ish

Or paint with concrete paint? chance it will lift and oil spills will destroy it.

Or mats, which the oil will soak through the joins.

Or a big sheet of vinyl flooring which would cost a lot and be a pain to cut to shape. :surrender:

I just used a massive drum of polyurethane floor paint on my double garage when i first moved in 6 years ago. Toolstation used to do drums of the stuff really cheap. I just brushed & hoovered the bare concrete so it was clean & as dust free as I could get then used a roller to apply. Gave it 2 coats and its lasted really well. My garage floor gets a lot of abuse from jacking up cars and moving motorbikes around etc... not to mention welding & oil etc when im working on cars. I still have half the drum left so I can give it all another coat if i ever get around to it.

I tried garage floor paint from Screwfix, then 2 pack resin based paint and also tiles and the latter have worked best for me , they arent perfect as heavier cars can cause them to move about a bit and in hot sun they expand but i've fixed mine down in a few places with gripfill and they seem fine, they are nice to work on

They have been down more around 12 years off and on as I took them up for a bit due to them moving with the 370z but they still look pretty good

P1000917.jpg

20151123_093258_zpspdjfwdlw.jpg

They are the same as Jez has at H-Dev and they are still alright there , i bought mine off him as he had spares left over.

• Like 1