Do you think this should be ok on a polished plenum?

Flashback

Hey guys, I was doing a bit of cleaning yesterday just to tidy up the engine bay a bit and noticed a lot of crap on my nicely polished plenum.

Yes a couple of things that didn't really clean it up, so was thinking of using some Chemical Guys light metal polish that I have. Do you think it will be ok to use?

Here's a picture of the plenum as it is right now...

IMG_20170129_120959_zps0rjgitu4.jpgIMG_20170129_121003_zpsmv5tt2ho.jpgIMG_20170129_121003_zpsmv5tt2ho.jpg

Metal polish and elbow grease buddy. You could send the throttle body to Mark to be done properly and the bonnet catch. :)

Both have already had Marks magic touch, it's the maintaining of that gleam.. I was wondering what little tool people used that worked well in all the small gaps etc 😎

• Like 1

Both have already had Marks magic touch, it's the maintaining of that gleam.. I was wondering what little tool people used that worked well in all the small gaps etc 😎

I'd use a tooth brush with polish on to get in all the little gaps and then use a cloth to clean off/polish up.

To get in small gaps using the cloth I've used everything from ear buds, match sticks and lolly pop sticks to rules (rulers) and old drill bits ~ with the cloth wrapped over the item. ;)

• Like 2

Metal polish and elbow grease buddy. You could send the throttle body to Mark to be done properly and the bonnet catch. :)

Well yeah I could do, but as they came from Mark last summer that would be a little lazy. I just need to spend a little effort... :D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk