Baby doesn't fit in 350z.....

Loggy747

Same boat. Baby is due in 2 weeks. Sold wife's MR2. Got her a freelander 2, so that can be our family wagon, allowing me to keep the Z.

Key is getting the wife a car she and you like to drive too. That way on weekends etc it's not such an issue to leave the Z at home.

I was never a 4x4 fan, but really do like the land rover. But love stepping back into the Z. :yahoo:

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as the OP, mrs is 3 months gone and her Peugeot is on its last legs so going to chop that in and sell the zed to get her something like an Astra or focus.

Luckily the zed is a weekend car as I have a vectra estate for day to day so I'll just have to keep that for me.

As for cars every family is different. I have a friend whos about to buy a 911 and they have 2 kids with wife having a large estate thing.

Indeed, sounds a bit like us. The 911 is a remarkably practical car. You can fit a buggy etc in the boot and theres enough room in the back for 2 kids up until they get maybe 5 ft tall. I took both of my kids to football practice the other week in my 911 without any problem. 3 year old in his car seat in the back and the baby in his baby seat also in the back. Certainly raised some eyebrows when all the other parents with their people carriers saw me getting the kids out of my car.

Saying that, the wife thinks bigger is better and so she ran out and bought a new Ford Edge just so we have enough room for 2 little kids in the back. Sigh. I can see her point when we go on holiday etc and have to take travel cots, toys, clothes & kitchen sink etc... but I think its a bit of overkill for everyday. After all my mum used a classic 850cc mini as the "family" car for years when she had me & my brother without any problem.

• Like 1

My parents didn't even have a car when I was a kid, I got around on the front of my dads pedal bike......We're going to put our daughter in a massive rear facing car seat in a 2.5ton monster truck. Hey ho that's 'progress' for you :)

Edited by gangzoom

As for cars every family is different. I have a friend whos about to buy a 911 and they have 2 kids with wife having a large estate thing.

Indeed, sounds a bit like us. The 911 is a remarkably practical car. You can fit a buggy etc in the boot and theres enough room in the back for 2 kids up until they get maybe 5 ft tall. I took both of my kids to football practice the other week in my 911 without any problem. 3 year old in his car seat in the back and the baby in his baby seat also in the back. Certainly raised some eyebrows when all the other parents with their people carriers saw me getting the kids out of my car.

Saying that, the wife thinks bigger is better and so she ran out and bought a new Ford Edge just so we have enough room for 2 little kids in the back. Sigh. I can see her point when we go on holiday etc and have to take travel cots, toys, clothes & kitchen sink etc... but I think its a bit of overkill for everyday. After all my mum used a classic 850cc mini as the "family" car for years when she had me & my brother without any problem.

It's great carrying toddlers in a sports coupe.

Parking in a parenting bay at the supermarket.

Get out to disapproving stares from mums in their MPVs and SUVs.

Then pull the buggy and the kid out and give a smug :thumbs: in return :lol:

• Like 1

It's great carrying toddlers in a sports coupe.

Parking in a parenting bay at the supermarket.

Get out to disapproving stares from mums in their MPVs and SUVs.

Then pull the buggy and the kid out and give a smug :thumbs: in return :lol:

^ This :lol:

• Like 1

Ha I did that in my R33 once, it had darkened rear windows, bloody loud aggressive looking machine - pulled in outside Mothercare in Kew, I think people were ready to challenge me there and then till the little fella appeared in my arms from the back :lol: