Better late than never... Navdy HUD

gangzoom

31505036614_64339372a4_z_d.jpg

Had UPS deliver a surprise package from Fremont California today.....

Looking at my PayPal history it turns out it was something I preordered back in 2014 as a crowd funding scheme and had given up all hope of seeing it!!!

Apparently it has only just reached production and the company is still going...Originally preordered on the basis it was a HUD linked to the OBD port, looks like they now have made it more soical media orientates. Will do some pics once I get time install it and have a play.

Should at least keep me busy till the other much more expensive delivery from Fremont California arrives on UK shores:).

32307965426_6467d79642_z_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

Have briefly set it up on the Leaf but cannot really install it for a proper road test, the Leaf is going back in a few weeks and there is only 1 in car mount which I'll use on the Leaf replacement :)

But the screen looks good, hand gestures work, can get WhatApp notifications read out without having to get the phone out....Still would be a distraction though I think, now only if we had a car that could half 'drive' it self ;)

Also just looked up current pricing..$799!! I paid $250 back in 2014 when you could get $1.7 to a £ (About £150 including delivery). No way would I pay £660 for one today.

32198355972_11144a039e_c.jpg

• Like 1