Are my cats standard?

mr v6

I've just been looking at some Youtube vids & snooping around on ebay & found plenty of what look like the standard rusty looking Y pipe. I've just been looking through some pics of my system on the phone & mine seems to look a bit different. I'm assuming these aren't standard & may well be aftermarket / high flow cats? I've not managed to get under it for a while so wouldn't be able to tell you if they have any branding on them. Fitment & everything seems spot on with them.

Ideas please: http://www.mrv6.co.u...24_arkgrip2.jpg

Imho your Cats are definitely standard but you mention the "Y pipe" so not sure if you're getting that confused as it is a separate part to your Cats.

Your "Y pipe" is not standard and is part of what looks like a stainless steel exhaust system which is a "Cat/s to Back" system. ;)

Imho your Cats are definitely standard but you mention the "Y pipe" so not sure if you're getting that confused as it is a separate part to your Cats.

Your "Y pipe" is not standard and is part of what looks like a stainless steel exhaust system which is a "Cat/s to Back" system. ;)

Thanks.

In my first post I did mention the Y pipe. Sorry to confuse matters, but that's what I'm referring to. I see 2 cans on my car but not on genuine used systems on eBay. That's why I thought perhaps mine were aftermarket.

Thanks.

In my first post I did mention the Y pipe. Sorry to confuse matters, but that's what I'm referring to. I see 2 cans on my car but not on genuine used systems on eBay. That's why I thought perhaps mine were aftermarket.

No problem at all. :thumbs:

Nice to have an aftermarket stainless steel system on your car as there's less to worry about going wrong. Plus if you want some more noise just add HFC's and it'll sound much better, ...de-Cats if you really wanted to go loud (EML will come on though unless you have an UpRev done). ;)

Just to clarify, the two cans in front of the W brace are resonators, which a lot of true dual systems have as part of the Y section. In front of those are the 2 rusty cats, these are what will be changed when someone fits HFC's or decats.

• Like 1