Chasing Interest

ATTAK Z

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone bought gold as an investment ?

You're not still trying to find somewhere to launder that meth lab money are you Hugh? :lol:

I told you, Russian savings account, it's the future. That or buy Sterling, that's dirt cheap at the moment......oh wait, you've already got Sterling.

Sisters mate tried to explain buying and selling gold but went straight over my head haha only thing I can remember is buy from Dubai as its usually the cheapest and you don't have to pay tax on gold or diamonds. Also buy on a weekend so he said due to the rates being more stable :)

Sisters mate tried to explain buying and selling gold but went straight over my head haha only thing I can remember is buy from Dubai as its usually the cheapest and you don't have to pay tax on gold or diamonds. Also buy on a weekend so he said due to the rates being more stable :)

I think gold price is set at the same time in all countries ... he probably meant gold jewelry rather than gold such as sovereigns. And there's no Vat on sovereigns in U.K. (Obviously)

• 3 weeks later...

Tesco seem to have been too successful in attracting new customers to their 3% interest account ...

"The feedback for our current account guarantee from our customers has been brilliant. We are also delighted by the unprecedented demand from new customers applying to take out accounts with us. As a temporary result of this demand, and due to our commitment to best serve our existing customers, we have made the decision to pause accepting new applications for our current account. In the coming weeks we will let customers know when they can apply again for the Tesco Bank Current Account."

• 2 months later...