Track Day Experience (Track Choice)

TomsThreeFiddy

Hi all, I received an experience day voucher for Christmas this year off the gf and there's a large choice of tracks available.

I was wondering if anyone can put forward one or two recommendations from the below list? I'm based in the Midlands (Stoke-on-Trent), however the track location isn't really an issue as we'd just make a small getaway of it if it's further afield:

Midlands - Donnington heritage site, malory park, Blyton park, old Blyton airfield, Rockingham, Seighford driving centre, Stoneleigh park, Throckmorton airfield

North - 3 sisters circuit, York tockwith, tockwith motorsport centre

South East- carver barracks (saffron walden), the London circuit (Aldershot), Bovingdon airfield, Kent County showground, bentwaters park

South West - Perranporth, Abingdon airfield, bicester.

The car choice varies by location so I'll post the available options when I've managed to narrow down the tracks.

Cheers,

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the airfield tracks are boring, not so many corners and only around cones.

You want to go on a proper track with plenty of corners and kerbs,

Iv been to blyton a few times last year its a good size tarmac track with good chicanes, and long corners and kerbs in the middle of a field so there's no walls at all, just grass if decide to spin out or get optimistic and brake late lol.

The three sistersis a tiny track really with no long straights to be able to get up to a good speed.

If heard good things of Mallory park dont no what its like though.

Best thing is go on YouTube and watch pov vids of cars on trackdays at the certain track your thinking of going to,

That's all iv got anyway.

Enjoy

Rockingham or Mallory, wouldn't even entertain the others.

Youve not been to Blyton then? Owner is a dick, circuit is good though, certainly better than Mallory IMO.

If its an "experience" thing where they let you dirve the cars, Bovingdon and Bentwaters have massive runways so could be good for a speed fix. 3 Sisters is a Kart track, anything with "driving centre" is to be steered clear of and most of the others I know of as fairly slow drift venues rather than actual circuits ......... this would suggest they wont be allowing any 120mph antics ....... apart from Donington Heritage, thats wide and potentially extremely fast.

Carver Barracks I actually had to google as I live about 5 minutes away and didnt know there was anything there, I think I can see why now:

........ do you really want to "experience" a lambo at 50mph in 2nd gear? :lol:

Edited by docwra