2004 NISSAN 350Z ENGINE WANTED VQ35DE

Shades Rs

Hi guys my bottom end has failed on the zed, its knocking on first initial start up and carries on from 2,500rpm.

just wondering if theirs any engines floating around? im sure an engine swap out would be the cheapest and easiest route to go down. unless anyone can give me an approx price on a bottom end rebuild? can crank be pulled out with engine in place?

or possibly if there is any damaged zeds about for sale i may even buy a complete car providing the engine is running sweet.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas :)

Hi Shades

Yes by all means see if ZManAlex has any low miles DE engines. The last time I checked he didn't, but he may have got more stock in since then.

I have one engine remaining. It is 80k miles, and I would describe it as an "average middle life" engine. No problems, but not low mileage.

Here is the advert. Always happy to do a deal: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Jon@Emperor

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info and recommendations guys. its all sorted now!

I managed to buy a crash damaged car complete so have used the engine from that. However this means i will have lots of left over parts that are not needed that will be listed in the parts section in due course.

All your helpful comments are appreciated and the amount of inbox messages i had so thanks again guys.

Happy new year to you all

Thanks for the info and recommendations guys. its all sorted now!

I managed to buy a crash damaged car complete so have used the engine from that. However this means i will have lots of left over parts that are not needed that will be listed in the parts section in due course.

All your helpful comments are appreciated and the amount of inbox messages i had so thanks again guys.

Happy new year to you all

You could always try selling the complete shell to Jon from Emperor Tuning to save yourself some hassle as he's looking for Zeds. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/113590-damaged-car-for-parts-breaking/

Glad you got the engine you needed. :thumbs:

• Like 2