fitment guru's please help!

peggers350

Hi guys hope you're all well! ive been offered some ssr wheels which im really tempted to buy but i need to know if i need to roll the arches or will the fit with no issues,

the sizes are :-

fronts are 18x9.5 ET +37

rears are 18x10 ET +11

thanks in advance.

Andy

well i seen a fellow zed owner's setup an he said he had to roll an pull the arch.. sod that, well ive ordered my wheels, rears are 19x10.5 et 30 so it allows me to have some play with spacing ect, front are 19x9.5 et23 which i think will be bang on. what tyre sizes are suggested?

well i seen a fellow zed owner's setup an he said he had to roll an pull the arch.. sod that, well ive ordered my wheels, rears are 19x10.5 et 30 so it allows me to have some play with spacing ect, front are 19x9.5 et23 which i think will be bang on. what tyre sizes are suggested?

245/35/19 Front and 275/35/19 Rear I'd go with. ;)

• Like 1

Never used them myself but looking at the price of them it would worry me to an extent with putting them on my car especially as looking at the "EU tyre rating label" they only have an "E" rating for "Wet Grip & Braking Distances". Not what you want imo on a heavy (ish) rwd car.

Personally if you don't want to spend too much on tyres then the minimum I'd be looking at is something like the "Falken 453". I'm recommending those as that's what I had on my Zed and I know they perform very well but basically what I'm saying is you really should up your tyre budget imo as they are your only contact with the road surface so not really worth risking buying cheap just to save a few quid as it may cost you a lot more in the long run.

Hopefully Dan (Ekona) the resident tyre guru will pop in with his opinion. ;)

AD08Rs are excellent, if you prefer a track-biased road tyre. I'd rate them well above the Nankangs by some margin. The 2.0s are more suitable for a Fiesta than a sports car. Even Nanking promote their quiet running and water dispersal over any kind of performance.

Outside of that, I'm going with my generic reply of either MPSS or MPS4 depending on the exact size you want and availability. Still nothing better yet, and the slight extra layout in money is paid back by longer life and then some.

• Like 1

AD08Rs are excellent, if you prefer a track-biased road tyre. I'd rate them well above the Nankangs by some margin. The 2.0s are more suitable for a Fiesta than a sports car. Even Nanking promote their quiet running and water dispersal over any kind of performance.

Outside of that, I'm going with my generic reply of either MPSS or MPS4 depending on the exact size you want and availability. Still nothing better yet, and the slight extra layout in money is paid back by longer life and then some.

Dan, have you used the MPS4's yet? Having used MPSS's in the past I'm curious to hear a comparison.

I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about P-Zeros on here. No experience myself though. I got my MPSS from Tyreleader which were the cheapest I found at the time. They delivered the fronts and rears separately though which was a ball ache.

thanks for the input guys! think im going to go down the P-zero or mpss route! anyone got any links to a good site besides camskill?

MPSS for definite. B)

You could try "Black Circles" as I found them to be the best priced last time I bought tyres, ...also you can choose a local garage (from a list) to fit them in an all included price too. :thumbs:

Link: http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=25464687

Please, do NOT get Pirellis. They are premium money for utter sh*t. I'd rather put Falkens on than a Pirelli tyre.

Oi there is nothing wrong with Falkens you tyre snob. :dry::angry::lol:

The 452 was a very good tyre for the money and the newer 453's aren't bad either in my experience with them. :p

Please, do NOT get Pirellis. They are premium money for utter sh*t. I'd rather put Falkens on than a Pirelli tyre.

ive had them before never had a problem with them on road once i got abit of heat in them, i found out the mediocre way on track they just turned to goo.. but then again there not a track Tyre!

452 was garbage. 453 much better, and I'd run them on something that had smaller tyre sizes.

ill have a look on price comparison on them, i cant afford mpss straight away so if these are feasible what can you compare them too?

452 was garbage. 453 much better, and I'd run them on something that had smaller tyre sizes.

I ran them on my supercharged Zed (19" alloys) and they were good imo. Held up to some mild track abuse and I never had any issues in the wet or cold conditions in the winter.

As Stevo mentions though I'm sure they are garbage when compared to MPSS but MPSS are almost double the price so as a "mid range budget" tyre I found the Falkens very capable. ;)

453 are garbage, well coming from mpss they are

See this I can believe. :thumbs: